Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's enough to make you goose step........

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Now that is prob the nicest thing I have seen in a long time.....
    If you take a good pic against a good background I would make it my wallpaper so I could just dream....

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Wow RetVet.

Three thumbs up on that one. That is one great job. Damn. It took me two years to learn how to put the AK kits together.
    I would be in a nursing home before I could lean to do something like that. Great job. Good for you.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sweeeeeeeeet. Drooling jealously!
    Retired US Navy
    NRA Life Member -- NAHC Life Member
    "Take, sink, burn, or destroy the enemy fleet": Lord St.Vincent's orders to Nelson off Toulon, 21 May 1798
    Pretty much spells it out, huh?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Most excellent looking build. you are gonna like it when it is running. How will you finish the receiver?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56
    Most excellent looking build. you are gonna like it when it is running. How will you finish the receiver?
    I'd like to get the receiver blued once I have it running well.

I test fired it a few days ago.....finally. Fired just fine, but the action didn't cycle. Fired several rounds, but had to hand cycle it everytime.

Took it back home and tore it apart again. Polished the small ledge between the cams and the receiver. Now the bolt rollers should roll up into the receiver grooves much better. Also cleaned up a few small burrs in the barrel housing that may have been causing friction on the barrel. Also greased everything a lot better to include the barrel where it moves in the shroud, the bolt, you name it.

Back to my testing site the next day and this time all went much better. Ran about 40 rounds through it. All cycled fine, though I did have a few rounds fail to feed. Not really jammed, more or less the bolt just not stripping a cartridge off the belt. I'll need to examine the bolt more and the springs in the feed block.

Otherwise, she's a flyer now. Popped off a few rapid fire strings too. Now we're talking "woody time".
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Some guns won't run .308 belts very well. if you can get 8mm ones it should solve any feed problems. I think the more you shoot it the better it will work.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet
    Three thumbs up on that one. That is one great job. Damn. It took me two years to learn how to put the AK kits together.
    I would be in a nursing home before I could lean to do something like that. Great job. Good for you.
    I agree.
    I finished my semi mg-42 last year, and this year I look twenty years older than I really am. Go figure.
    edit: Forgot to add I made the receiver from scratch instead of using a blank, so that may be the reason I have aged faster than is normal. This is a phenomena that should be studied in a lab.
    I'm thinking though, that when the weather gets warmer, and I take it out to burn a few rounds of ammo, it may begin reversing the side effects and give me back the years that have been lost during the building of said receiver.
    I may then be able to walk again.

(note: the above is a lousy attempt at humor and is by no means directed at truely disabled or elderly people, whom we should have in our hearts at all times)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I think you're on to something 8mm-man. Since diving into the beltfed world I've felt like 50 going on 82. Maybe it's humping these 26 pound weapons around the shop then going to the range and shooting something that last saw serious action in the 40's. The body's drifting back to the beaches of Normandy along with the mind.

As a matter of fact pirate I was using a new post war belt. I'll try an 8mm belt next time. I've got a few that look almost new, but dated 1939.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Weather was good yesterday, so out to the range we go with the mg34 again. Lubed with the proper grease and a 50 round assault drum loaded with fresh Romanian. Emptied the drum in just a couple minutes without a single hitch even with rapid fire strings as fast as I could pull the trigger (which is getting better).

Very pleased with it and believe I can proceed with hot bluing once I find someone.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I think the more you shoot it the better it will run. these guns are tight and need a little settling in. even my factory TNW was like that.
    They are a bear to lug around, but the cool factor is way up there!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.