Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's enough to make you goose step........

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Default It's enough to make you goose step........

............Almost.

Just needs to be test fired. A task I need to take care of while I'm off work and off the web the next few days. Back next week with an update of "how she blows"!

" The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Cimarron

Can't wait to hear how she shoots. You did wonderful job on it Ret. Of course I can tell by the condition of the workbench you are meticulous in your finish work!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing the pic, and please give a report when you get to fire it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

That's SWEET.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous!
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Tell us how! Welded receiver? Compliance parts? Trigger group? Bolt mods? Spring length?
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Only in my dreams could I build one as nice as yours is. Good luck with testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winn R
    Tell us how! Welded receiver? Compliance parts? Trigger group? Bolt mods? Spring length?

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

It was too darn cold and icy/snowy on my days off to test it. Probably give it a go a few days from now.

The kit was built on a TNW semiauto receiver and parts kit from the Weaponeer group buy. I had TNW time and install the shroud pin, cams, and modify my bolt. I did the remainder of the easy hand fitting tasks like installing the ejector plate and modifying the trigger to incorporate the rollers. Those triggers are glass hard. The holes for the rollers had to be milled as the shop kept breaking carbide bits. Most of the original parts dropped right in place, but the ejector plate takes some time to hand fit. Also had the polish out the internal milling in some spots to get the action and charging handle to move smoother.

I've got more pictures of parts and their installation over here:

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum...897&PN=1&TPN=8

Modifying the bolt and installing the cams/shroud pin are the parts of the build that require a lot of care which is why I had Lance at TNW do it. The rest is fairly simple for us that don't have access machining tools or welders.

Wish I had bought two kits a few years back when they were reasonable. A parts kit now days, if you can find one, are double the price. Even spare parts cost a premium and worse now that TNW bought out all of IMAs MG34 stuff. Their prices are on the high end.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Nice, more pics?? Please??

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

A few closer shots....

I have an assault drum for it along with ammo cans. It won't fit my MG3 Lafette tripod unless I come up with an adapter, but I do have an AA tripod for it. Probably pick up a repro spider sight at some point unless I stumble upon the real deal for a good price.

Most of my belts are early WWII dated and in like new condition. To go with the belts I've got 3 sealed battle packs of WWII kraut ammo I picked up a few years ago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.