Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AKParts RPD Kits on sale

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cntrailrider
    Ohio Rapidfire also has them, refinished, with TWO drums & torch cut rcvr sections, for the same price
    Have a link? All I see is NO receiver pieces. Used Bulgarian vs/ New Polish.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I bought a AK 74 side folder from ORF and when it was delivered to my home, I tried to clean out the barrel, but couldn't get a brush down it for the extensive corrosion in front of the chamber. I sent the parts kit back on their dime and they sent me a refurbished kit two weeks later. This kit was much nicer ( no matching numbers) and buildable with a good barrel. When I got the front trunion ready to install into the receiver, I found that they had shipped the front of a wood stocked rifle and the rear of a side folder. Since I had demilled the kit and partially built it, I had to keep it and finish the build with no latching mechanism. The kit was a mismatched kit, so I just force matched the trunion to the rest of the rifle. It turned out as a good truck gun, but it wasn't right.
    You can go buy a refinished Bulgarian parts kit with two drums and belts. I'll just have another round of a NEW Polish RPD with excellant parts, wood and original barrel. Yes, the build will be hard, but it will be worth it down the road when I finish and only have to blue the receiver.
    Quote Originally Posted by cntrailrider
    Ohio Rapidfire also has them, refinished, with TWO drums & torch cut rcvr sections, for the same price

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You guys have me interested. What compliance parts are available, and are you using repair plates to build the receivers? If compliance parts and repair plates (or good directions) are available I'll buy one of these..........

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I'm trying to decide whether to go with AKparts or try gamble with Sarco since theirs come with new U.S. barrel I believe. I need tor e-read the ad or call.

Then I wonder why some vendors have the Polish kits with orig barrels & Sarco does not. ( later import?)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I bought a Romy from AKParts. Metal was Vgood, but wood was a little rough.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I bought a RPD parts kit from AKParts two months ago and I can confirm what was stated earlier in this thread. All the parts were like new and it had the cut up receiver sections included. It was well packed for shipment and service was good.

Beautiful bluing! Why have a new barrel in the white when you can have a new original barrel assembly?

I note that the price has stated to go up on the kits. I paid about $380 and the price is now $399.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Because the new U.S. barrel is a compliance part.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I'll keep this smoking sweet original barrel and change another part for 922R compliance. At least I Know That It Is Correct for the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock
    Because the new U.S. barrel is a compliance part.

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Okay, I have plans on the way and a billet, I will cut my own receiver. With that in mind, which kit should I get (already have 2 drums no links)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

AK Parts is where I would send my money. You will get it a week as previously described; IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by vz58
    Okay, I have plans on the way and a billet, I will cut my own receiver. With that in mind, which kit should I get (already have 2 drums no links)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.