Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47 Jr.

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Steve
    Those turned out very nice. Congradulations. The finish looks perfect from the pictures. Can't wait to see what you build next. Got the gas piston arrangement on the MG47ES done like I wanted and it seems to work fine. Turned out not that hard to do either. No machining! Almost got the FCG built also. Going to take my daughter and the MG47 shooting today (Easter Sunday). I too, hope to get a long video and will post it.

SS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Red face Finished Carbine

Woops, double post
    Last edited by SHARPSSHOOTER5090; 03-23-2008 at 04:09 AM. Reason: delete the double post.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for the pics Steve.
    Those look great Two thumbs up for each.

Feedback Score

Couple of new vids from a few minutes ago

Thats It 69 - Putfile.com

Marty shooting Jr - Putfile.com

Still shot taken from vid - you can see the camera reflection

I am somewhat disappointed with the accuracy - getting about 10" @ 100 yrds. The barrel is only 9 1/8"" (AMD65) but the muzzle extension brings it out to 16.25". It's the first extension I've ever made, TIG welded in place. I was concerned about heat/contraction, but it appears to be perfectly concentric. I believe it would be much more accurate without it

Builders, post yer pics!

Steve

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Crankfire 1919 Twin Mount where you could fire one of the weapons crankfiring it so one goes off and then the other
    If any punk kid ever comes up to you asking for your `Gang Sign` Tap your chest twice then your forehead once. After doing that only upon a threat do you draw your glock and show him what you meant.

WOLVERINES!

Feedback Score

Thumbs up You Betcha!!

Quote Originally Posted by glock View Post
    Crankfire 1919 Twin Mount where you could fire one of the weapons crankfiring it so one goes off and then the other
    Glock,

That was the first thing that went thru my mind when I found this thread and the MG47. I gotta have a set of twin crankfired MG47s, and since I did the Quadzilla 1919 mount, might as well have a Quadzilla Jr. with four MG47s on it. Building two guns trying to learn as much, as rapidly as I can, but quite a learning curve for me, since I know very little about AK47s, and nothing about the MG47. They're a whole different animal than the old 1919s are, but they ought to run really good with my Crankfire units!! Stay Tuned to this Channel!!

Thanks,
    Emory Jones
    Crankfire Systems Home/Index Page

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Builders, post yer pics!
    If I had something interesting to post I would, all I got done so far is a cut piece of steel that a bolt will slide in and trimmed for the trunion. Not enough free time right now. But when is there?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Heck Steve I can't hit anything with mine, I just shoot as fast as I can and cover the whole area with in a 6 foot circle of the target with a whole lot of bullets! I thought that's why I have 50 round belts. Maybe I should try aiming a little??

SS

Feedback Score

Finally figured out the ejection problem - about 1 in 10 or 12 empty casings were jamming inside the front of the ejection port, between the back of the recessed rear sight block and the BC. I trimmed the ejector spur from 90 degrees to about 75-80 degrees, and now they stream out the center of the port. It took video in slow motion to determine that. The spur is 2.3" from the breech; just enough to cycle & eject unfired cartridges. No more ejection worries

Mounted a rail beneath the HG for a bipod

Look close and you can see I'm no expert welder (no-gas MIG) but the air bubbles are cosmetic

TIG'd the barrel ext on top, which keeps groups around 8" w/ 9" barrel (my MG47 w/ chrome Chinese barrel consistently gets milk jugs @ 150 yds, verified w/ laser rangefinder) Still planning a laser and front-cap in the HG, but otherwise, it's finished.

This wasn't easy - I would discourage the first-timer or one who's been using pre-made rcvrs, as it would most likely wind up being a waste of parts and high hopes. It's a very time-consuming and in-depth build that will borrow from ALL your past knowledge, and then some. But it can be done, and is a fun challenge for someone who's 'peaked out' or is bored and looking for something new, different, and cheap. For the experimental builder with extra parts laying around, it will give you and them a useful purpose. It's not the kind of project you buy new parts for. But it sure beats shelling out $2K for a ready-made semi-beltfed, commercially produced by someone else. Plus, you learn.

Last night I loaded some 7.62x25 in an RPD belt ("U" links) backwards

RPD "U" links loaded w/ 7.62x25, RPD "U"s loaded with 7.62x39, DM1 links loaded w/ 7.62x39

They click right in there firmly (they don't shake out) and clicked out very easily with my pinky. Fed and chambered flawlessly, all 50 rds. So @ .08 per rd, you can guess what's next. Whether it works or not, we'll find out. In my spare time I need to get cracking on the twin-spring internally-housed recoil-spring system, but need two BC's first. Let me know if you have a couple un-needed BC's for sale, reasonably priced. I have a WTB ad for some other parts too, in the 'Marketplace'. If you're building your own MG47, please add your build pics. There are about a dozen underway, that I know of

Good Luck Builders - no smashed fingers

Steve in El Paso TX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS If you think 7.62x25 is "a bit over the edge" look at this

I believe it's a matter of pairing the cartridges with links (DONE!) and 7.62x25 has alot more power than 9mm CZ52,PPSH41, and several 2XTM shooters know Feedback is welcome

Steve

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Nice stuff Steve, I will be real interested in your twin internal spring concept. Keep us posted.

Tom H.
    SS

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

belt fed 91

hk21e feed
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.