Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47 Jr.

Feedback Score

Steve

Feedback Score

Looks good! Got it feeding yet?

Feedback Score

Yes it feeds & chambers (manually) but still having some ejection problems. Believe I need a thicker ejector tip, deeper into the bolt / deeper slot for smaller dia cartridge base. A '74 bolt would've come in handy. I had to sleeve this bolt cup down to the smaller dia

Steve

Feedback Score

Progress on the MG47EC. Hopefully ready for testfire sometime this weekend, time permitting

Straight blowback with gas piston assist. Weighs 9 lbs 4 oz which is lightweight for a beltfed. OAL is 37", barrel is 18", and may get shortened if the pressure duration is adequate to feed reliably

Here's a short vid of hand-cycling / feeding:
    MG47EC Feed Test 762x25 - Putfile.com

Still need to sculpt the lower with epoxy and add a 'filet' to the rear, and a folding bipod to double as a lower HG. Also need to create a link guide to support/suspend empty links (up front) on the way out. As empty links exit, I get the occasional hang-up (regular RPD's have a link guide/track) Links are the "U" type, loaded and fed backwards, which hold 7.62x25 perfectly. This was not a quick build but each MG47-type project gets much easier, just like building AK's does

Wish me luck on the testfire. I bought half a ton of this ammo and intend to shoot all I want, with no cost concerns. The "EC" designation stands for "El Cheapo"

Steve in EL Paso

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Steve

Looks good. Good luck on your test firing. Keep us posted.

The ES tutorial is progressing but a tutorial for something as involved as a MG47ES is a lot of work. I had to make a second complete extra receiver, fcg tray, gas piston extension, gas tube and gripstick tray to get enough pictures of the fabrication steps to make the tutorial make sence.

Tom H.

SS

Feedback Score

Thanks Tom -

It turned into another all-nighter; just can't stop. Anyone else have that problem?

It has stops to keep it centered / secure when folded. Will look better after it's blasted

Slot in front of the HG slips into the bayo lug. Back snaps in place over the trunnion screws (6)

Filet on the back is done; epoxy gets shaped sanded & painted to match. The $1.97 El Cheapo stuff from Walmart works great

Here's where she's at for now. Still have a ways to go. Will blast & paint it IF it works

Steve

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Steve,

All nighters! Your a sick man, your need some therapy. Must be a fly all night pilot thing. No wait, forget that last stuff I said. I'm in the same category. Good thing Marty is understanding.
    (more than my wife is).
    Tom H.
    SS
    Last edited by SHARPSSHOOTER5090; 07-12-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Great job Trailrider! I might try this one if I can find an RPD cover and feed tray.

Feedback Score

Thanks Guys -

Here's the guts. Single M11 spring, fully self-contained, 5.5" stroke. Butt-stock is removable from the back plate by flipping the buttonheads around and using nuts on the inside. Pardon the welding - had to re-locate the feed stud a couple times, and the rails, well......next one will be better. But it cycles super smooth.

Steve

Feedback Score

G3 hammer spring is overkill; scrap of left-over M11 spring fits perfect and can be clipped to whatever length works best

Steve

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.