Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47 Jr.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Coils -

Hammer swing will clear it
    OK the picture makes more sence, I was thinking it was going to be taller then that.

Feedback Score

Here's what I came up with. Not testfired yet -

Had to have access to the top screw that holds the G3 stock to the backplate, which made it more complicated. A G3 buffer spring, about 1" long, goes in the back of the tube. It's a VERY HEAVY DUTY spring. Turned a 'plug' to go if front of it

The steps on the 'buffer plug' are clearance cuts for the feed stud plate, and feed lever (in the TC). The back of the bolt stem centers on the buffer plug

The short sections of recoil spring are only for illustration. Actual springs are much longer. There's a slot with a screw in the bottom, to secure the buffer plug & keep it aligned. I used a C-clamp to partially compress the buffer spring, for assy, so it's already under pressure.

Had I anticapted the actual energy of the cartridge, it would have been designed differently. And it would look neater, instead of bent back in shape and re-done with welds on top of welds. Next one should be better; maybe a rotating bolt with a tight gas system and super-light BC. Straight blowback doesn't need the gas assist. These MG47's are addictive beyond description

Steve

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

What are you using to get a bolt head that is small enough for the 7,62x25? The 7x39 looks a bit large.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

you can sleeve a 47 bolt or use a 74 bolt which fits perfectly as is.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

where can I find a 74 bolt? I have not seen any for sale or trade in quit a while

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dvanncvann View Post
    you can sleeve a 47 bolt or use a 74 bolt which fits perfectly as is.
    How do you sleeve a 47 bolt to get a '74?
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R View Post
    How do you sleeve a 47 bolt to get a '74?
    '+windowtitle+'
    click on link

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by droog View Post
    where can I find a 74 bolt? I have not seen any for sale or trade in quit a while
    K-VAR Corporation

Feedback Score

Tig a diameter-reduction sleeve into a 47 bolt cup and turn a very light bevel/chamfer on the insert so it centers on the chambered casing. Details: The Guns Network LLC ~ Discussion Forums

Not to be a damp rag but we're gettin' off track. That's why folks have to sift through 600+ posts on SS's MG47 thread to find the 100 containing relevant build info. Don't take that the wrong way. Any questions, PM and I'll answer as best I can. I would have answered above but my thread subscription dropped out for some unknown reason.

In the meantime, I've been STUCK ON THE ROAD laying over in motels days on end, waiting for a trip, wishing I was home re-building the BC heavier to get this blowback creation working reliably, until I get another one built the way it should've been done to begin with. Maybe that explains my sunny disposition today

On a brighter note, just got a sale notice from Century: Bulgarian 7.62X25MM Tokarev Ammo (85gr.) 50’s Mfg. Berdan / Corrosive 800rd/can $64. May be the last time we ever see this again. Remember the nickel-a-round Yugo 8mm, which now sells for .25 ?

Steve in EL Paso

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Thanks

I've done it with weld fill then lathed the center out but I'd not seen the rings.

Been banned from there -- is there a thread elsewhere?
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.