Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: MG47 Jr.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

cntrailrider - looking good!
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

UPDATE - But not on the MG47. There are several hundred die-hard builders and beltfed shooters in general, subscribed to this thread. Therefore I'm posting this here. I've never posted anything like this before.

I am having one hell of a time dealing with OhioRapidfire, on getting a somewhat expensive beltfed rifle ($4K, returned under warranty) repaired. This will come as no surprise to many of you, however I gave them the benefit of the doubt for a long time (well over a year). Will share exactly how long, later (w/ photos of packing slips & correspondence). You who know and have dealt with me, know I am fair, and governed by higher principles than I alone could come up with. Not some whizz-bang genius here, just a tinkering innovator, keeping an eye on my wallet. You all know how 'El Cheapo' was named.

I will keep you all posted as to the outcome. This is merely the springboard before the dive, and the ball is in their court. A fresh thread will detail the outcome, very soon. + or - with details. Wish me luck

Safe Shooting Happy Building

Steve in El Paso TX

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

WOW, hoping the best.

Feedback Score

Steve,

It's not a 21 by chance?

Feedback Score

Lakeracer -

No, it's a '91 beltfed, with a fixed barrel. I could not afford a '21 at the time. It is one of OhioRapidfire's original creations, and never did work right. I honestly don't know if there was a flaw inherent with their design, or if I just wound up with a lemon. However, I have since purchased a Vollmer-built '21 and it runs like a raped ape. I've shot
    a few 100 rd belts full of tracers, but we never video'd it

If/when it's returned, I will be selling it and the Vollmer '21. My work has come to a standstill, and shooting .308 has become too expensive. That's why I've been tinkering with these x25 builds and various .22 projects

Steve

Feedback Score

Steve, keep us posted on which way it goes.

I was getting ready to purchase some parts from ORF but if they are intentionally stiffing honest shooters I will get the parts elsewhere. I have bought a lot of parts from them and been happy with them. Hopefully they will make things right.

Feedback Score

Doubletapme -

I don't believe it's been intentional on their part, but rather, irresponsible. Why honor warrantees when you could be creating new stuff for profit, right? It's not quite in the "stealing" category, but irresponsible nevertheless. I will keep you posted

Doing build/machine/repair work for others, is a commitment. That's why I won't turn nor mill anything for hire. If they aren't happy, the weight's on my shoulders. No thanks.

All I want is my rifle or my money, and to move on. I've been gathering our correspondence which outlines everything, and will soon be posting it EVERYWHERE (Sturm, Subguns, AKfiles, TheHighRoad, FiringLine, Biggerhammer, Gunco, Gunsnet, etc):
    The AK Files Forums - OhioRapidfire is NOT COMING THROUGH

Steve

Feedback Score

is there anyone that just sells Rpd Topcovers and not whole gun??

Feedback Score

I don't know of any, now. RobertRTG was selling them for $40 (or less) a few yrs back. Those days are gone

Steve

Feedback Score

is there anyone that just sells Rpd Topcovers and not whole gun??
    They may still have some at Sarco but for the top cover and feed tray they wanted about half the price of a whole kit.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.