Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47 Jr.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I have held off posting photos or dimentions untill I have it finished and know it is right. I have to back track on the bolt carrier extension and rethink it. I don't want to post stuff and send anyone off to make the same mistakes I did!!

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Pirate
    That looks very close to the way I trimed my trunion of the prototype MG47 but I made my feed tray. I am afraid I not much help in giving advice to you or Steve in using a RPD top cover and FT. Both of your RPD builds and Sniper's MG1 build look good so far though. And Steve, I moved my FT forward and down a couple of times to get the cartridge as close as possiable to positon the cartridge sits in a stick magazine so it would feed reliably.

SS

Feedback Score

Pirate -

Yours feeds and that's all that matters. I like the way you welded the hinge pin bushing directly to the trunnion. It looks like it's positioned almost exactly where the '3rd' trunnion holes were. I considered doing that, and now wish I'd have gone that route. Thanks for posting the pics - looks great

Steve

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

PIRATE
    It looks in your pictures that your bolt carrier extension is not connected to your bolt carrier and is free floating and held against the back of the BC by the return spring? If it free floating, that's a nice idea.

SS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

For those using an RPD TC, I thought of another RPD dimension to pass on. The center of the actuating roller stud on the bolt carrier extension is 0.19" left of the overall center line when viewed from the back. Dulicating the dimension might help the TC function.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Sharpshooter, the bc extension is attached to the bottom of the carrier. I need to rework it though., it is not right.
    I will post some photos tonight of how NOT to do it!!

Feedback Score

would be ableyou post basic diminsions for this project at this time or will they be inculded
    in a project tutorial such as pirate does?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I will post photos and dimentions as soon as I have one that works correctly. I have not posted much on mine because I have had to back track a few times and don't want to help you make mistakes!!

Feedback Score

Same boat here

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I got to work on this a little today, I replaced the bolt extension and made up a double return spring set up and cobbled up a retracting handle.

tomorrow I will mount the stock and spring guide assy and install the ejector and left rail. then I can see if it wil feed with the spring pressure, it feeds by hand now. Once that is done I will work on the gas system. I hope to have it ready to shoot by next weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.