Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47 Jr.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

"Within reason".........that means even the people required to see that the U.S. Constitution is followed by the U.S. Government (and others)........refuses to do so themselves.

That is kinda like all the religious leaders saying the "Ten Commandments" are really just the "Ten Suggestions", that there is no reason for LEOs to be honest, and you should raise your kids to respect no one. Even worst, that Liberals are right in their screwed up vision of the world.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Please don't hijack Steve's thread! We all love the 2nd Amendment and know it's time for them to have the balls to say what they think about it and suffer the consequences.

Steve, your video takes FOR-EV-ER to load. I can't get a lookie at it.

Craig

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry, I didn't intend to hi-jack this thread.

BTW, is anyone else still waiting on their MG-1 feed cover from RobertRTG? I ordered back on 28 January, and I'm still waiting.

Feedback Score

Now I'm making some progress - new 16" spring & freshly headspaced. Still a few ejection problems - better video:

Starting to work still has some ejection problems - Putfile.com

Steve

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Steve
    That video is way cool. Marty your camera person? Funny how these things appear to have a lot of recoil for a 7.62x39. Still think it's because of the mass of the bolt carrier hitting the stop at the rear of it's stroke. The original MG47 was that way until I drilled a gas relief port about 1" head of the rear most BC travel position. Doesn't hurt any thing the way it is though and drilling a relief hole might affect reliable cycling.

SS

Feedback Score

SS -

Thanks - I am RELIEVED it functions, especially with the 'squashed' gas system. I had serious doubts there for awhile. Marty is the film crew and support team

It has more than a gas relief port

Here's where the piston head is, at the back end of the stroke! I need to tig up the joint in that lower housing. That's an "L" shaped strap welded to the front, which hooks in the rcvr. Both lowers interchange between both guns

I could place a buffer between the TD pins; there is space to stack a few garden hose washers around the recoil spring guide tube. If you think that's funny, may I remind you the total project (TC under $100, spring $20, gas block $20, front end $50 shipped, steel about $25 - everything except the lower) cost under $250. The rest came from the spare parts boxes. And with what I've learned, another '42 gripstick lower would be under $40, and a heck of alot easier now! Curving/re-contouring the hammer, and adding a small side-plate (for reinforcement & weight) made it work with a standard AR hammer spring

I am the kind of person who saves broken drill bits & taps, even when only the shank is left - someday they may become FCG pins to something

Steve

PS The new website format and all these animated gizmos are a trip!

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Steve;

You have seen my shop and garage, I am double, no triple junked. I save every thing too. That's why the original MG47 prototype is such a collection of various parts.

SS

P.S. Don't you ever sleep? Seems that most of your posts are in the early A.M.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Walker View Post
    Sorry, I didn't intend to hi-jack this thread.

BTW, is anyone else still waiting on their MG-1 feed cover from RobertRTG? I ordered back on 28 January, and I'm still waiting.
    it took over 2 weeks,but i got all my stuff. i called them about it and got it fedex the next day or two.
    have you actually called them and asked them where your stuff is?

Feedback Score

Default Another Pesky Question for those with working guns...

SS, Steve, and DoubleTap,

If possible could you furnish the dimensions for the distance from the rear of the original bolt carrier to the center line of the feed roller/stud on your carrier extensions, and the distance from the inside rear ( base of the cartridge) of the feed trays to the feed roller/stud. I am doing the carriers for both of my MG47 Pattern MG1 and the RPD fed guns and a "Ball Park" range for a starting location would help take some of the trial and error out of it. I finally got the timing worked out on the "Pinneapple Upside Down MG23.5" gun but I had to make and move the cams and feed arms three times to get it. I'd like to "Cheat" a little on these if at all possible.

Thanks,
    Emory Jones
    Crankfire Systems Home/Index Page

Feedback Score

Emory -

On the MG47, using a MG3 / MG1 TC, my stud is located 1 15/16" behind the rear inside of the tray, centered. It's worked as far forward as 1 5/8"

With the RPD TC, the feed stud is a 10/24 socket head cap screw. My BC ext is 3/4" wide, 1/8" thick, and the top of the "L" is ABOVE the top rails. Stud is 1.25" behind the body of the BC and 5/8" behind the bolt (when locked up) and 1/2" behind the inside rear of the FT. Post #64, pics 3 & 4 show how off-center the feed stud is, on a 3/4" wide BC ext. You see an extra hole which was part of the 'locating process'. I drilled & tapped four holes in the first BC ext before finding the 'sweet spot'. Remember, my breech is further forward (longer cartridge-chambering path) which greatly affects the beltfeed timing

On both builds, to get it to feed & cycle smoothly, I bent the "L" on top of the BC ext slightly left or right (in the vise) and studied how far the feed lever & pawls moved during hand cycling. It affects things greatly. Sight down the top flat body of the BC and keep track of where you're bending it, in relation to centerline, and make notes so you don't keep bending things the wrong way. When you get it right, WRITE IT DOWN because it's easy to forget exactly where it finally worked best. I built three BC ext's for the MG47, and two for 'Jr' before getting things right. Good thing they're simple to build, because alot of trial & error was involved. I wouldn't know how to mill a BC ext and get it right on the first go

Hope that sheds some light on feed stud location

Steve (that's me! right down to the suspenders)

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

belt fed 91

hk21e feed
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.