Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: M1919a building

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default M1919a building

We have several members who have either started or are contemplating M1919a builds.

We were asked to include a M1919a specific forum here at gunco, here it is.

I'm going to jump on the band wagon myself, the kits that Weaponeer is offering are just too tempting.

Now I know we have a couple of members who have already built a 1919, shortrnd and 1-PAT that I know of, I'm hoping they can give us some pointers.

Since I'm once again a newbie, I'll toss out a couple of questions.

What is required to build one of these besides a kit, RH sideplate and rivets.

I understand that the build requires some machine work, what is involved there?

What's the deal with tripods, I know the real M1919a tripods are very expensive.
    I saw a ad somewhere, SGN I think, about a adapter that allows the use of a MG42 tripod, is this what you guys are using?

Feedback Score

KEWL!!!! I like those and would like to build one for myself.
    "Teds of Beverly Hills" Home of the "Foil wrapped baked potato"

(\__/)
    ///\\\\
    |+...+|
    .\.|.|./
    ..(oo)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Can anyone around here give us some good answers? I am contemplating doing the maching myself on the internals. I've got some dimensions and drawings but don't have a lot of experience with the mill. How extensive, or rather, hard is it to do the machining?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I kind of cheaped out on the tripod,,, I got an A6 version , this has a bipod, stock, m6 flash hider, and carry handle. this way I do not need an expensive tripod. I think you can still buy a A6 conversion set for like $125. 1919 is very diferant than an AK but just as much fun!!! I think you new 1919 builders will find their is a small amount of welding to be done for one of thies kits too. I know of no way around it, maby someone has but as far as I know you will need a bit of welding.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

as for the mill work,,, I think you woll find it to be fairly basic stuff, I do know the bolt will also need to be milled and it is very hard material so you will need to go slow. it will need to have the sear slot widened and the bolt itself narrowed, some guys just buy a bolt, sear, and triger set up but I like to home build a home build. if you yave the mill and skills already!!

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

southernammo.com has a great deal on ammo for a 1919. $89 per thousand for slightly tarnished ammo. this is great stuff for a 1919. and it shure beats 150 per thousand. you will have to wate so get in now

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Wait to get in? Is it a public company?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I think they will sell out fast. my order was put in about 6 months ago. i should get my ammo from the first shipment , they are going to get more but theyb are not exactly shure how much. so if you want a chance at all get your order in.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrel
    I kind of cheaped out on the tripod,,, I got an A6 version , this has a bipod, stock, m6 flash hider, and carry handle. this way I do not need an expensive tripod. I think you can still buy a A6 conversion set for like $125. 1919 is very diferant than an AK but just as much fun!!! I think you new 1919 builders will find their is a small amount of welding to be done for one of thies kits too. I know of no way around it, maby someone has but as far as I know you will need a bit of welding.
    The A6 is a very good way to go. You are correct about finding the kits for around $125. I bought a set just a month ago and that was what I paid before shipping. It came with everything except the flash hider cone (I can't stand those things anyway........yuck) and the condition was excellent. I think you get an extra "cool" point for having the A6 version.

There is in fact an alternative to welding. From what I understand it is also ATF approved as a permanent semi-auto modification. Rather than using welds to the right hand side plate you can use.......... silver solder. It's the same process but just substitute the silver solder for the welding.

For those of you that don't know it, the welding has nothing to do with the actual building process. It's only used to make the semi auto conversion ATF approved. What you are actually doing is welding the right side plate (semi-auto plate) to the bottom plate, trunnion, and top plate to prevent it from being swapped out with a full auto plate.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Great info shortrnd. So I want to get a tripod or something of the sort for my 1919 build. Can you guys give me a breakdown of all of the different setups out there, which is the nicest, most readily available, and prices. I'm trying to determine what is best for me, but don't know where to start.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.