Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: My M53/MG42 is almost there

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yep brownells has them in stock.... good price on them.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Test fired again with better results, though still a few fail to fire (about 1 out of 5). I think it's good to go and I just need to polish the hammer parts more to make them slicker. All rounds fed and ejected fine. I doubt it's advisable, but I'd bet I could bump fire this thing from the hip.

I riveted the camming piece into position. Decided to make it permanent instead of using a bolt and lock nut.

I plan on parkerizing the beast in a week or so now that I have some other items needing to be done as well...................like the Polish Tantel I built yesterday.
    Last edited by RetVet; 06-03-2008 at 08:41 AM.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

RV,

glad to hear you got it going now.. and yep you;ll polish a bit more on it and then all of the sudden it will just run all of the time.

dumb question: since your riveted the cam ring in place, will it parkerize under it? (im not a parker)

oh and refresh my brain, which hammer set up are you using?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I'm using FAL fire control parts, Falcon Arms to be specific. Yep, just need to polish a bit more and I'm sure it'll start going bang with every trigger pull.

As for parkerizing, if the solution can get into the area it will get parkerized and if it can't then things like moisture won't be able to get in their either. I look at it as being no different than parkerizing an AK and wondering if the surfaces between the receiver and trunnion will get parkerized.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

thanks... ive never parkerized anything.. lol

so just didnt have a reference base there.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

It's an easy metal finish to use. It helps to have a long stainless steel tank in order to do long parts like barreled receivers, but small parts can be done in a small cooking pan on the stove if push comes to shove. I've done that a few times when I just had a few parts to do and didn't feel like setting up the tank and heating 10 gallons of solution!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Search tags for this page

m53 ratchet plate dimensions

mg42 headspace

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.