Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Semi auto RPD build

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by eyegun View Post
    Who has the best price on kits right now?
    The kits run from $399- $469, from 3 dealers, each offers something a little different....
    $399 from Sarco, you get a new barrel with the kit, but from what i hear its short chambered, so you have to have the extra expense of a reamer ( call Sarco to confirm this, as i just read about the short chambers and have no confirmation on this)..Ohio rapid fire also has the kits and says they are reconditioned, and they seem to give you a lot of accessories with the kit (4 drums+)...
    Then there is AKparts $469, they seem to have good kits, i bought mine from them, and it was virtually new,with matching #'s, some have said that the kit they received was not so new and that maybe they were reaching the end, you have to deal with them via email as they have no phone#, i got my kit in 5 days after some correspondence...So there are your choices, maybe someone else has something to add...Also there is a 3rd group buy for 80% internally finished receivers going on at Weapons Guild that you should get on if you want to build one, and as soon as Pirate gets his BATF approval, he would be the one for the FCG..Hope this helps...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

WWW.OHIORAPIDFIRE.COM HAS KITS FOR $399.95. FOR BULGARIANS

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Are Polish and Bulgarian interchangeable?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

when getting a kit if there is no cut receiver make sure the ejector comes with it. there are 3 different versions of these guns, basicaly the main difference is in the charging handle attachment. ORF has type 2 bulgarian kits. I believe the polish one are type 3 .
    personally I would avoid getting a kit with a new unfitted bbl. it wil be a real pita to fit it up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

A friend of mine and I got some kits from CFS about 1 1/2 years ago. I think they were both Polish. Both had the non-reciprocating bolt handle. My friend's bolt carrier had a hole in the back where the reciprocating handle would fit, but it was welded shut. On mine, the hole is still there.

Both are post samples now (Vector style bolt carrier mod), but I'd like to get a parts kit for spares since I beat the piss out of the it. My selector front position is engraved "OGIEN" which in Polish means 'stallion'. Not sure if it's really Polish although it does make sense....

I just want to be sure the ORF Bulgarian kits will fit....

Is there any quick reference picture guide out there on the web to differentiate the country of origin/type of gun?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by eyegun View Post
    A friend of mine and I got some kits from CFS about 1 1/2 years ago. I think they were both Polish. Both had the non-reciprocating bolt handle. My friend's bolt carrier had a hole in the back where the reciprocating handle would fit, but it was welded shut. On mine, the hole is still there.

Both are post samples now (Vector style bolt carrier mod), but I'd like to get a parts kit for spares since I beat the piss out of the it. My selector front position is engraved "OGIEN" which in Polish means 'stallion'. Not sure if it's really Polish although it does make sense....

I just want to be sure the ORF Bulgarian kits will fit....

Is there any quick reference picture guide out there on the web to differentiate the country of origin/type of gun?
    See if this helps...Gunsmithing Notes: RPD

Feedback Score

Eyegun "OGIEN" in Polish means fire not stallion.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That's what I thought but I used a Polish translator and that's what it fed me back....

(either way it makes sense)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I Look forward to your semi approval , I coppied and submitted the Vector style FCG on a rifle using an actual vector receiver and it was turned down because it had no physical disconnector . The vector fcg relies on an overtravel type disconnector , same principal as the UZI . I am not sure when they got approval but a verbatim copy wouldnt pass earlier this year . I dont know if a diff person reviewing it would have made a difference or if they are simply being more picky

Feedback Score

bad times are commin? had I only planned ahead...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.