Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MG47BP BELT FEED BULLPUP

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have been trying to get the BC assy to strip the round from the RPD belts but it takes 2or 3 hits to get them push from the very tight links. I have a 16" M60 return spring with about 1 1/2" of inital compression and about 6 1/2" total compression. The bolt face is about 1" from the back of the feed try at it's rear most travel. I am going to increase that a bit and get more compression and BC assy inertia. I am also going to open up the links by pushing an overside round bar into them from the side. I will try that on a few links on the end of the belt as I don't know how much they can be opened without cracking and changing the pitch of the belt.

SS

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

will not the MG3 belts work in the RPD system?

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Not Worthy!

Daddy Want!!!! Daddy Want!!!!

Bellson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I opening up the links by pressing a .535 diameter round bar into each link. Now the cartridges fit in the links about as tight as in the MG3 links and it feed, chambers and ejects fine. I will post pictures as soon as I can. It is ready to test fire but this week end is the start of the muzzleloader deer hunt and my son and I are going.

SS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I got the hand guards, butt plate and cocking handle attached. I need to drill the trunnion for the barrel pin,(virgin trunnion) open up some more links and it's ready to test fire. I hope I can try it this weekend. I need to eventually mill out some areas on the receiver side plates and drill some lighting holes on some of the internal parts, because the extra MG47ES 1/8" wall receiver it's quite heavy for a bull-pup and needs to be lightened up.

SS
    Last edited by SHARPSSHOOTER5090; 09-29-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Can't type or spell worth a damn

Feedback Score

Looking good SS. Can't wait to see more.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Here's some pics of sharpshooters bull pup. All I can say is sweet, maybe I can build one one day.

"To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Test fired the MG47BP last Sunday. Firing pin is not striking the primers hard enough to set them off all the time. When they did fire, it cycled fine. I installed a different hammer spring and a heavier hammer. I need to give the hammer more travel to have more inertia and try it on some primed cases until I get consistant ignition. I removed the wood covering from the handgrips and it looks alot better, not so fat on the front. Also moved the cocking handle off to the side so I can see the front sight. Kind of important if I expect to hit anything.

SS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The MG47BP is finally done! I will post some pictues as soon as I get them transfered from my camera.

SS

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

sweet, looking forward to seeing the finished project.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.