Gunco Forums banner

MG47BP BELT FEED BULLPUP

17K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  SHARPSSHOOTER5090 
#1 ·
With the extra parts I had left ever from making the tutorial for the MG47ES is am building a MG47ES ak based bullpup. I uses an AK barrel, trunnion, ES receiver, gas tube, gas pistion, FCG tray assy, RPD topcover assy. I am using a RPD topcover because it is about 2" shorter than the MG1 top cover and will allow me to shorten the receiver by 2" also.

#29 ·
SS -

I just now looked at your finished product. Think I glanced at it one night but was distracted or suddenly had to go to work or something

You have produced another winner, in the extreme!

Beautiful concept and how it all fits together. Really fires the imagination. When it comes to designing guns, you are something else Bud

Steve

#32 ·
The BP is basically a MG47ES with out a butt stock and the pistol grip mounted under the barrel. The receiver is a shortened MG47ES and the bolt carrier, and FCG is from the extra parts I made for the ES tutorial that's why it is heavier than necessary. It could be made with 1/16 rather than 1/8 receiver material and save a lot of weight. There is only a few real differences. For details, just ask and I will take some better pictures.

SS

#38 ·
I have used Hot roll A36. The firing stress is taken by the locking lugs so it doesn't have to be an alloy. I have not tried aluminum but I see no reason it would not be fine. I believe that M249s are aluminum. I have put thousands of rounds through one made out of A36 with no sign of problems and that is with a screwed trunnion and not a riveted one. I used grade 10.5 socket head cap screws torqued to max recommended value though. They have not come loose or backed out.

Sharps Shooter 5090

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.