Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47-308

Feedback Score

Alright, it's mechanically done. Feeds, pops primers, extracts, ejects etc. Now I have to take it all apart, clean and lube it up, drill the gas ports in the gas tube and test fire it. I might not be able to get to a range for a week, but If you don't hear from me in 2 weeks, I blew up. I did a BAR inspired no PG trigger to make it "featureless" to comply with CA law (don't ask, it's not my law). Then start with making it look pretty. Thanks for all the help everyone. I'll take pics of all the internals later when I clean it.

Feedback Score

Nice! You've done a nice job Mustang

Steve

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Looks really good! But....,but....how you gonna bump fire that jewel.

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Very nice work Captain. I think a BAR style buttstock and trigger guard would look kind of good on that. And maybe a BAR style front hand guard also. Looks long and mean like a BAR. At any rate I am glad someone built one in 308.

SS

Feedback Score

Thanks all. Well assuming I don't die and it shoots okay, I'll build a PG style FCG for when I am out of state. Besides, bumpfiring .308 is pretty spendy.

I plan to put the yugo RPK front handguard on for now. Once i know it works, then I'll start "churchin' it up"

Thanks again for all the help along the way, especially Sharpshooter for the plans and suggestions. Hope to shoot a video next week.

Feedback Score

Default IT'S ALIVE!!!

Well, it shot, and didn't blow up. I was shooting it from a lead sled, and it doesn't have quite enough oomph to get all the way back. I was using surplus, so the loads were a little light, but my 1919 likes them. I'm going to mess with other loads and the gas ports, but this thing is gonna work! I got rained out before I could do much today.

DSCN1576.flv video by USNMAC - Photobucket

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Captain V
    That is so cool!!!! None of mine worked the first time so a little tweeking is to be expected. How big is your gas port? Congragulations on getting it to fire, full cycling will come I'm sure.

SS

Feedback Score

It's a standard port. I am going to mess with the "exhaust" holes on the gas tube and the load before I mess with the original gas port. It REALLY wants to work, I can tell. Thanks again for all the help-John

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Captain V
    How far from the rear of the gas block are your gas relief ports? You need as much pressure as posiable to actuate the feed cam so the ports should be almost at the rear most travel of the pistion stroke.

SS

Feedback Score

Mustang -

Thanks for posting the vid. You are ALMOST THERE! You cranked out your build in no time, and it looks great. We appreciate your sharing the pics as you went. Good luck with sealing the gas system - my gas ports for x39 are .191 which sounds large, but they've maintained accuracy. A little tweaking here and there is to be expected

Now I have one stupid question - are you limited to 10 rd belts out there in the PRK? If so, there's always room here and I live right next to I-10. Wide open places to shoot too

Continue keeping us posted - NICE JOB

Steve in El Paso

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

mg47 belt fed plans

mg47 build

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.