Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47-308

Feedback Score

My relief ports are about 1/2" ahead of the rear mosst position of the piston. I plan to weld them up, then re drill them at the absolute rear position. All I need is that last 1/2" or so.

Yes, in CA you are limited to linking 10 or less to be legal and that is the way I do it with the 1919 too. With the price of 308, it is not bad anyway. That is why I was determined to do the build with desentigrating links.

Technically if you had a full belt from before the high cap ban and never let it get below 10, you could keep "topping it off". There is no requirement for you to prove it is pre ban either, but the safe way, and the way I do it is just keep them below 10. On the range it is not really annoying, and if the zombies attack, all bets are off anyway!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

S/S is correct. The bolt should be completely unlocked before the gas is allowed to bleed of.

Drilling a larger gas vent in the barrel may be the solution to the problem, but you probably should use that as a last resort. Try other means first, IMHO.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Walker View Post
    S/S is correct. The bolt should be completely unlocked before the gas is allowed to bleed of.

Drilling a larger gas vent in the barrel may be the solution to the problem, but you probably should use that as a last resort. Try other means first, IMHO.

Thanks, yes, the gas doesn't bleed off until near the very back of the stroke, but i need to move it back that last bit to keep pressure up through the entire stroke. I may actually move to one and a smaller vent hole. I'd like it to work with the light surplus loads. I would rather not drill a larger port in the barrel if possible. There are other options too, muzzle booster etc. I am not considering a larger port at this time.

Feedback Score

I got some more done and am nearly ready for the next range trip. I welded up the old holes and made one furthur back that should exhaust up, toward the barrel. I fabed up a front handguard that i will put rails and covers on, welded on a Krink style brake, charging handle, and put on some basic sights(AK front, SU-16 rear).

Here are the pics. It needs a LOT of clean up.

Last edited by MustangO3; 02-12-2009 at 11:15 AM.

Feedback Score

And here are the pics of the internals that I'm sure you have all been waiting for. It still needs a lot of clean up, but everything came from the llocal hardware store, small galvy pipe (3/16 I think) for the extention, rod for the pin, flat metal and angle iron. Very basic. I did weld a bunch, but if you are more patient than me, you could have avoided it.

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I like it!!!

SS

Still prefer the red screw driver combination carry handle/TC pivot pin though. LOL

Feedback Score

I was going to leave that, but I needed my screwdriver back!

Feedback Score

Coming along. Comp added, sights,handguards, charging handle. Still need to do another trip to the range.

Feedback Score

what was the total cost for the build?

I think that thing would look great sticking out of the bed of my F150!
    Does someone have photoshop skills? maybe they can photoshop this BEAST of a gun standing in the bed of a Ford truck LOOOL
    that would be awesome!!!!!!!

Great JOb on this project
    Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Feedback Score

I've got maybe $400 in it. I took it to the local indoor range today. It is SO close. It just needs to come back another 1/2 " or so. I'll tighten up the gas system some. I manually cycled about 20 rounds through it. Functions well and groups on paper. I'll make a video once it works!!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

mg47 belt fed plans

mg47 build

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.