Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My latest project

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Default My latest project

Ok a crappy teaser pic, this is when I got the semi stuff working and waiting for the right plate to get done.
    It's now together, still needs a couple rivets set and still needs some fine tuning, I'll post a pic or two when I get a chance to take some, it's rainy and overcast today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Nice! You will have fun with that one. Please keep showing progress pictures!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Beautiful, I wish I had ordered one of these when they were available...I had strongly considered it. Nice work!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thank you.

The progress so far is it does fire and cycles, I slow fired a couple dozen rounds without water in it. The fine tuning needed is on the new sear setup (Sherman's design), I had a couple that you could hear a faint click but it didn't fire then when the trigger was pushed again there was nothing, it did fire after hand cycling it agian and the round that didn't fire had no marks on the primer. So it's just some tweeking to get that few thousandths of play out of it.
    It is now on the wheeled mount and I think I got it to hold water, that's the pic(s) I want to take to show it off . I know it's not as nice as others that have been done, but without any machining equiptment it get's hard doing the final fitting of some stuff.
    All I want is a functional toy to play with, even if I would deside to sell it later it would have to come apart and be sold as a "ready to build kit" without the right plate.
    After this is done it'll be time to get started on the DP28

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

It's always such a thrill to get one to work!

Sometimes, at least at my skill level, the outcome is in doubt until it goes bang twice.

My congrats and a well done!
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Some pics of it on the mount.
    I split a 250 rnd link in two and loaded one up with heavy ball and the other with light ball Bulgarian, it didn't like the light ball and wouldn't cycle right, with the heavy it run fine but I still had that damn click thing with three of the rounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

you guys really amaze me!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Great looking project! I really like the double spade grips and the carriage just makes it ooze history!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Premo! I kick myself for not picking up one of those kits way back when.....
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score

Congrats Coils it looks great...
    I'm an expert @ what won't work & what not to do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.