Thread: New pics, old project

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Default New pics, old project

Yugo M53. I'm still working out a weak primer hit problem. Some rounds go bang, some don't. Weak hammer strike or too much firing pin spring resistance.

Typical Yugo 8mm kit, Wiselite rear receiver section and muzzle bearing, Pirate type grip/bolt mods. I made the grip panels from some old oak I had sitting around. A near perfect match to the teak stock.

Last edited by RetVet; 04-09-2009 at 08:59 AM.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Your just making friends everywhere you go aint cha.
    Can I come play?
    American By Birth, Southern By the Grace Of God

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Talking

I'm just trying to catch up on posting some project pics now that after so many years of putting it off I finally bought a digital camera.

Also doing what others here have done, supplied some "visual motivation" for others to build that next item on their wish list. If a grouchy can do it using funky cheap hand tools I know others can too!
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Very nice build, that ought to generate some interest at the range
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Nice Hope you get the lite strike problem solved.
    Thanks for the pics.

If a grouchy can do it using funky cheap hand tools I know others can too!
    LOL who's the grouch?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Nice!! you may need to trim the rear of the striker a bit to get max hammer power. if you need help contact me

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I've been holding off modifying the striker any until I've exhausted all other possibilities. Thanks.

Feedback Score

Hello RetVet
    Are you using the AR15 fire control group? or the FAL fire control group? Look at the hammer to firing pin contact area that touches your firing pin or strike block, the hammer needs to hit square onto the firing pin, not hit the corner upward or edge in angle of firing pin. The hammer force needs to contact stright dead on the firing pin towards the primer. Keep in mind that the YUGO 8mm ammunition has a harder primer that needs extra force to ingite the cartridge. There are bolt action rifles that don't ingite the YUGO 8mm ammunition cuz of the harder primer. I hear that the Romanian 8mm ammunition has softer primer and takes less hammer force to fire the cartridge than the YUGO.Let me know if this helps Cheers IRONMULE
    ps what a good looking gun you have!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.