Gunco Forums banner

RPD receivers sources

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Coils 
#1 ·
Are there any RPD receivers out there I guess wiselite was out or out of business?? B2b

#5 ·
The vector receivers at MGS are verry good, We have built about 12 guns on these so far with no issues. they make for an easy quality build. I haven't seen or built a gun on the dsa ones yet, but we will be getting one shortly to check out the quality. we will be getting semi parts made as well and will be starting to do rpd builds in a few weeks. we built well over 150 of these things and got a little burned out on them!!

#9 ·
I got a Vector, it seems well made and close to specs. I played around with it a little and things like the charging handle assembly, feed tray and top cover went in like they should.
The only down side I see to this one is the receiver either needs to be threaded or the barrel threads turned down. I think WLA's receiver was the only one that was threaded for the barrel?

we built well over 150 of these things and got a little burned out on them!!
Well I know there's 2 people waiting right now. :D

#10 ·
I orederd a DSA rpd receiver today, it will be a couple of weeks before it arrives. My contact there is gone so I spoke to the new guy handling these to see about getting better pricing on quantity purchases. as soon as it arrives I will bild a gun on it and if they are good will use the mfor builds.

Coils, the vector receivers are very good, they are straight, the feed ramp is correct, all the parts fit properly and they make an excellent gun. the only tricky part is turning the bbl to fit right. I will be getting a toolpost grinder to finish the bbls to precise tolerances so they press fit properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.