Gunco Forums banner

DSA receiver, MGS (vector arms)fcg questions

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Dirty Harry 
#1 ·
Ok so I am building the DSA receiver with a FCG purchased from Military Gun Supply. (Vector Arms set up)

The diagram and instructions are incomplete to say the least. The instructions and diagram state the bolt carrier rear (where the recoil spring rod engages) is to be enlarged to .375". But no depth is mentioned and does it need to have a taper at the bottom like it has now or should I use a 3/8" end mill to square the bottom shoulder?

***oh and it *appears* the carrier rail needs material removed from the top but the only one I have seen has it removed from the bottom. Which is it??

#4 ·
I got a Vector receiver and going to use the WLA FCG style setup, which I think is the same that MGS is now selling (?), you just need to make that .375" hole like a pocket for the striker spring to rest in. Measure the OD of the spring and see if it's just under .375".

As for the bolt carrier rail, I'm waiting on that answer, the so-called directions from Vector only say "to narrow the height of the rail to (whatever size)", it doesn't say top or bottom. I've seen people say top and others say bottom.

I can't believe how much of a secret this info is, it isn't like there's only one or two people that have built these.
Hell I'd pay a few bucks for good directions with the proper info

#5 ·
I doubt that you take material from the top of the carrier probably just the side and bottom. Project guns did the machining on mine. I used a WL receiver and semi FCG. I don't know how DSA's receivers are setup but I heard the Semi FCG is the same design.

Why do you have to make the pocket for the plunger bigger? The striker spring never touches the carrier. The Striker spring always sits behind the striker. Do you guys have a pic of the parts your useing?

#7 ·
Why do you have to make the pocket for the plunger bigger? The striker spring never touches the carrier.
What I've seen about the striker spring thing, the cut is made where the guide rod (recoil rod) comes out of the lower, the striker spring rides on the guide rod (recoil rod). Get what I mean?

I doubt that you take material from the top of the carrier probably just the side and bottom.
The thing that needs done is the thickness or height of the rails of the carrier that ride in the slots of the receiver, the width of mine is fine, it's the height of the rails that's the problem (well the slots in the receiver, since they are made that way so an FA carrier can't be installed).
With the WLA receiver I've seen several places that say you remove material from the bottom of the rails on the carrier, with the Vector receiver I've seen people say both top & bottom and there's no definite answer to which it is.

#9 ·
But I would measure the distance on your front stub's rails and that might give you enough info.
OH my, never thought to check that, I deserve one of these :slap: If mine is to messed up I know someone that has a couple of those cut receivers.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.