Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RPD DSA receiver /Vector Arms FCG build how to

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

It is already pressed in (so pics and measurements are difficult)but the cut is 12mm wide and it is curved.

It looks like a concave shell mill was used to notch it.

Looking at the picture, think of moving right to left across the extractor cut, as you start moving it bulges out towards you then recedes back.

Looking closer I see that is is curved to make sure the case head is supported. If it was cut with a square end mill the curve of the chamber would cause a "v" across the extractor notch and thus an unsupported case.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Thank You VZ.

I have a US made barrel for my RPD kit that has no extractor relief cut. Looks like it will be tricky to recreate.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

you might have to go with several 1/8" cuts , rotating the barrel after every cut. What I would do would be square end mill it until the center is close to the rear of the chamber. Then 1/8 either side then file and dremel.
    The whole bottom edge at the chamber is almost knife edge thin.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by voland View Post
    Thank You VZ.

I have a US made barrel for my RPD kit that has no extractor relief cut. Looks like it will be tricky to recreate.
    Pirate has a tool for this, he has a pic of it in his section on here, see if he can just do the extractor cut for you. He is busy with builds right now though.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

nice! keep up the good work

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Hit my first snag. The bolt is about .010" too high. Perhaps teh material comes off the lower portion of the rail. Will look into it more tomorrow.

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Pirate had a build sequence that showed the amount of material had had to come off the bottom of the bolt to make it ride correctly.This was on a Wiselite receiver, not a DSA; they may be different! That info has for some reason, gone away from his site! Good luck on your build!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

yeah I saw that but the plans for the DSA said top. I contacted Pirate but he is too busy to assist. I found a burr/twist at the back of the receiver, One bolt I have fits the other doesnt.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

hey VZ58, have you shaped and clearanced the ejector yet? the bolt will hit the ejector just before it goes into battery....if you have a factory rec piece with the ejector in it look at the differences between the two, otherwise metal needs to come off of the backside opposite of the face(case contact side)....height should be fine
    if ya need a pic LMK

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

What is the Vector FCG like? I always heard you had to replace the buttstock for theirs.

The Height of the carrier matters a good bit. Make sure the bolt can strip a round from the belt, the gas piston can go all the way and the roller on the top of the carrier is riding in the top cover right.

Wish I could help, my parts might be different but if you need a measurement I can get them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.