Thread: New Guy intro and question

Feedback Score

Default New Guy intro and question

Hey all,

New guy to the board, been on different forums for several years though.
    I recently picked up an RPD parts kit and have not yet decided if I want to have Project guns build it for me or if I want to build it myself.

I find it incredible that blueprints and data sheets on the original specs are so impossible to find...

In any case, I have 2 questions.

1) I am thinking of buying a semi parts kit from Project Guns. I understand they are $125. The question is do they come with instructions on modding the lower and bolt carrier? I am pretty confident I know everything that must be done already, but some written out directions would be the nuts.

2) I love the looks of Project Guns shorty versions. The 14in with the M60 flash suppressor is just bad ass! but I wonder about and fear the potential for feed issues with the shorter barrel as there is so little barrel left after the gas hole for pushing back gas and cycling the carrier. Does anyone have these short and beautiful beasts yet? If so, any reported issues?

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Hello & Welcome to the forum.

A lot of the info for these is hard to come by, I don't understand why since so many were built already.
    I'm not going to completely answer your questions but will give what info I can for now. I'm starting a build and was going to try to document it.

1) The semi parts from Project Guns (also a member here, Pirate) is either $125 or 150, it is based on the Wise Lite Arms design but I've heard there were some minor changes made to better the reliability. I don't think it comes with directions, unless that changed recently.

2) I never heard of any complaints about the shorties, you should be good to go.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Thank you sir.

I still need to order up the receiver from DSA. I have looked at Project guns walkthrough section on the RPD as well as a few other resources of home builds on youtube and a few other sites.

Trying to work up the confidence to start cutting :laugh:

Its tough scrounging and dropping $1200-$1500 in one shot, I tend to build everything I can. I'm in the middle of a .308 AR build right now as well, though the new RRAs have me drooling!

Too many guns, too little money! I love tinkering though!

Feedback Score

Just remember that there are two different FCG designs out there, WLA, and Vector. I don't think they are compatable, in the sense that you cannot follow Vector's installation for WLA parts and vice versa. I think Pirate quoted me at $155 for the FCG a few weeks ago. Weaponeer has them for $105 with free shipping...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

two different FCG designs out there, WLA, and Vector. I don't think they are compatable, in the sense that you cannot follow Vector's installation for WLA parts and vice versa.
    You are correct, although they look simular, the machining is different.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.