Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weaponeer 1919 kit received!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I too have never heard of anyone having a problem with Keith's plate feedway profile. The condition I was trying to describe is not a problem per se in that it is not a functional problem - better described as a cosmetic anomaly in that it doesn't follow the feedway profile of the 1919a4 really well. Of the three best manufacturers, Keith's is the only one that I've seen this on - does it matter, not really except to those that are as anal as I am. Here's the only photo I could find to better describe the condition

I've only heard really good things about Keith's plates. His plates are excellent.

As far as heat treating, I'd agree that it is probably not required for SA operations although it is recommended if you add a handcrank. Once you've welded your sideplate for compliance, it becomes more difficult to ever swap a sideplate out if you later need or choose to.

I'd wholeheartly recommend any of these three manufacturers of sideplates.

"I don't want to push anyone one way or another because as you can see there are more than enough good options to go with. Just enjoy your build and the end result." -------Shortrnd, I'll second that !!

Another thing I think we all can agree on is that you can't go wrong with any Weaponeer group buy - some of the best deals and highest quality around.

Top photo is Keith's plate. Bottom photo is Todd's plate
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did I do that?

Feedback Score

Thanks for the kind words Krink.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Maybe someone can answer a question I have about getting a registered receiver. I was reading somewhere, probably on 1919a4.com about how some people will "retro-actively" register their receiver after building it from an 80% and having a serial number engraved. Do some people do this? Is this a legitimate, legal way of getting your receiver registered? Also, could this type of thing be done on an AK?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Sorry, maybe I don't understand your question. I've heard of people doing this. Are you asking how this is done? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Illya Kuryakin
    Sorry, maybe I don't understand your question. I've heard of people doing this. Are you asking how this is done? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning.
    Well, I was just curious if someone could fill us in on their steps taken to make this happen, and if this could be done with other rifles, say an AK-47? Do you just take it to a dealer and fill out out a 4473 and have it start its life with this form? Is nothing else needed....no taxes, forms, etc.?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

well.. I am unable to resist the seduction that ShortRnd throws around.. he posts pics and prices and my knees go weak..

PMO's were sent for a 1919 kit.. the Black Bear rivets, and the KMP Trigger/Sear.. the gun fund is empty... I hope you are happy ShortRnd... I hope you are happy...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I recently got in a 1919 kit from weaponeer and was kind of suprised at the finish of this kit. I had gotten one of the kits in the past when the prices were a few bucks more, but had to jump in again since they dropped. The finish is comparably different between the 2 kits. Also, one of the rivets that holds the left side plate on, has been ground off. Are we to the bottom of the barrel or did I just get one that had been used quite a bit more than the others. I will be refinishing it anyways, but was just curious as to the difference in wear.

Feedback Score

We're not at the bottom of the barrel but of my own personal kits you can tell there is big difference in the finish between them. One of them looks like it was hardly used while a couple of the others have been used quite a bit. All of them were ordered together and at the time Gary didn't know me from the "time to make the donuts" guy.

The kits that we are currently offering are the same kits we've always offered. We didn't drop the price because of the condition of the kits. In general, most have been happier with the current kits.

The condition of the metal itself is the important part. I will send you an extra rivet for that left side plate, Josh. Gary probably just missed that when he was packing it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

hate to cross post on you ShortRnd.. but I was just inquiring if my PMO's made it there for the Trigger sear.. Rivet.. and 1919 kit

Feedback Score

Gary is working on posting updates for all of the buys tonight. If he doesn't then I'll find out for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.