Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weaponeer 1919 kit received!

Master Endmill Breaker Rhino_66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Default Weaponeer 1919 kit received!

FedEx brought my 1919a4 kit today. Holy crap, is that thing heavy!! I still need to go through all the bundles to make sure everything is present and accounted for, but it looks complete.

The bore on this thing is almost as nice as my Imbel kits. It looks unfired, but I know better... The other parts are just in need of a good degreasing and cleaning. It'll get blasted and parked when I build it. This thing is so cool!!!

Mine is .308, but you can get 8mm Mauser and 30.06 barrels and parts for them. I would HIGHLY advise anyone who is even thinking about a 1919 to IMMEDIATELY get a kit from Weaponeer while they're available. At $325, they are the best priced kits and I would say superior in quality to other vendors.

I'm going to get an 80% RSP from ORF. Todd engraves the plates with the correct info. It's a little more expensive, but it's way better than I can do. If I recall, ORF side plates only need to be drilled and chamferred for the rivets and a couple minor machining steps.

Thanks to Gary and Shortrnd from Weaponeer!!! I'll be sending a M.O. for a site contribution some time in the next couple of days.

Now I gotta buy links and maybe a belt, lots of .308, make a linker, make a tripod, make a mount for the MG (and I don't mean machinegun), pick up a headspace gauge tool...
    The most damning evidence is the truth.

That which does not kill you, really really really hurts...

Gunco Member #21

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

If you want to go with the truly finest 80% semi RSP available on the market go with Sam Alvarez. He is the only one who offers a true 99.99% correct engraving on his RSP. Addiitionally the receivers receive a proper Mil-Spec heat treating with a written report from the heat treater with each receiver. Truly the finest. It can take a few months for Sam to make a run, but it's well worth the wait. Price is around $180-200 and worth every penny

Contact info

Sam Alvarez
    T&S Manufacturing
    SHOP: 860-628-8174...7a-4p EST...M-F
    e-mail: heavymg08@yahoo.com

It's best to call him - he gets behind in his e-mail at times. Be sure to talk to Sam himself. He has a gruff partner/helper

ORF RSP is an excellent plate but Sam's are the best. Todd's engraving is very close but not exact like Sams. Upswing is Todd's RSP are more readily available - but Sam's are a true masterpiece.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score

Rhino, I'm glad that you like the kit. Those things are just the coolest arent they? I'd love to see some pics if you get a chance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Krink, Thanks for the RSP info. Does sam have a website with the pics and info? I was thinking ORF because I'm in Dayton and Todd (actually Tina) takes care of all of my transfers.

Shortrnd, I'll have to unpack everything first. My kitchen is a mess right now. The garbage disposal went to hell and took a fair portion of the sink plumbing with it. I really don't want to leave a huge pile of 1919 parts laying on the kitchen counter while the maintenance guys are working... I'll try to get some pics this weekend with everything cleaned up a bit.

Gunco Member #21

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Sam just sent me an e-mail telling me he took down his T&S Manufacturing website a couple of months ago to update photos, add items and materials for RSP among others. He said it's taken him much longer to get it updates finished than he thought.

Check out his following on 1919a4.com. Could always ask the loaded question;

"Who makes the best RSP;
    Sam Alvarez or Todd Grove"

And watch out..both Sam and Todd have their followers.

The difference I've seen between the two is;

1)Proper heat treat and cert (of particular interest under rapid fire or if you intend to add a hand crank)
    2)Proper engraving
    3)Availability

On all other factors it appears to be a draw.

Another guy you can ask is 762X51 - he's a member here and very helpful

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Got an I forgot.

If you go to 1919a4.com you can do a search for "heavymg" - It's Sam's handle on that site. Lots of great info on his plates.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Here's the pic of my parts kit. It looks like everything is present and accounted for.

Gunco Member #21

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Now why did you have to post photo's Rhino.. The 1919 has been growing on my list...

must resist the tempation...

m..u..s...t.... r....e....s....i...s.t...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Happiness is a Beltfed Weapon.

You can put together a real nice beltfed for around $600-$700 if you do most of the work yourself. Maybe slightly less if you do your own machining of internals.

Feel the force..............

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have a mill so machining the internals is no issue... it is cash... ShortRnd keeps posting things and depletes the gun fund... I am pondering putting ShortRnd on my ignore list so I won't see the deals that he posts here and banning myself from Weaponeer... That I can get the fund back up and buy a 1919 kit from weaponeer....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.