Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RPD Bolt Carrier Mods for the DSA Rec?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

thank you

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I finally have my receiver and trigger bar. After getting tired waiting for a friend to get involved in a re-weld, I ordered the last receiver Stan had in stock. Thanks for the pics in your other thread Coils. The pics help put into perspective the semi conversion machine work needed. I still have some questions before I start the mill.
    Want to buy: Tantal Left and Right side selector parts.

RRORC!
    I'm no sheep!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Sorry to hear about waiting for your friend, but glad to hear you got a receiver, I'm sure you'll be able to sell the demilled receiver later.

I'll try to watch in case you ask for any advice
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

First few questions; must the locking flaps be modified? I fondled a friends RPD he built on a DSA receiver. He told me the locking flaps MUST be machined shorter to be considered semi by the abc boys. True? I understand what must be done to the lower to fit the receiver and accept the trigger bar. I'm also aware of all the mods needed to the bolt carrier. I'm building on the Project Guns design and noticed in one of his video's that he was drilling into the lower from the rear (where the stock mounts), why is that? Is the trigger required to be modified?

Enough for now.....

RRORC!
    I'm no sheep!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

He told me the locking flaps MUST be machined shorter to be considered semi by the abc boys. True?
    False. The only things that need to be modified is the carrier and the lower.
    But I have seen a few people that had to mod theirs to fit properly. They might have been welded receivers though?

he was drilling into the lower from the rear (where the stock mounts), why is that?
    I'll have to check it out later, tried to go to his site but it wasn't loading.
    The only thing I can think of is for the striker spring, I had to touch up the hole that the recoil rod goes through a little so the striker spring wouldn't bind, I just used a stone in the dremel and it didn't take much.
    If you can post a link where you seen the video

Is the trigger required to be modified?
    I'll check into this, but if I remember right, a pocket needs to be made on the one side for a spring. I'll look for the pic(s) I took.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The barrel is done as well as the lower, except for fitting it to the receiver. Once I get the carrier done I have to figure out how to fit the Semi trigger group.

RRORC!
    I'm no sheep!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Glad to hear your making progress

Here's a couple threads from WG, one is the long one you already found. And the second one is mine (also look how I trimmer the lower to fit the receiver and still keep the serial number), there's pics of the trigger mod but I still need to find the info on it.
    Login
    Login

Page two of this thread has the FCG hole diagram I used, save it to your pc
    Login

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the links Coils. I still have to figure out how to fit the trigger to the semi trigger bar as well as pressing the barrel to headspace. I'm looking forward to the first round downrange.
    Last edited by Dirty Harry; 04-11-2013 at 02:25 AM.

RRORC!
    I'm no sheep!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I'll look for the pics I took, and the post I made when I did mine, I'll post it here.

For the trigger bar, I was told to help line things up is to line the notch on the trigger bar up with the safety. That did help a little for finding the spots for the pin holes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    For the trigger bar, I was told to help line things up is to line the notch on the trigger bar up with the safety. That did help a little for finding the spots for the pin holes.
    I'm referring to profiling the 'nose' of the trigger to interact with the disconnector. After I reviewed what I read on a persons blog I realized he was only cleaning up the smoothness of the FCG. Heres a link to one of the best build tutorials I've found.

pharmory: Semi RPD Build [Part 3] - Lower, FCG

RRORC!
    I'm no sheep!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.