Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RPD Bolt Carrier Mods for the DSA Rec?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default RPD Bolt Carrier Mods for the DSA Rec?

Any info and, or drawings would be great!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

What FCG are you using? Might make a difference for some of the stuff.

But to get the carrier to fit the receiver, need to remove about .040" off the bottom of the rails. Don't forget to take off the part that hits the firing pin first, and the sear catch/notch needs to come off.
    I'll put up a couple pics tomorrow, I think I got them from Pirate, but at least you can get started on the little I gave you so far.

I'm working on mine now, and was planning to put up a rough build tut after I get it done.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

OK here's a couple pics with measurements.

First pic shows the sear catch area that needs to come off, and a groove 3/8" wide cut to the ejection hole.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    OK here's a couple pics with measurements.

First pic shows the sear catch area that needs to come off, and a groove 3/8" wide cut to the ejection hole.
    Coils, Is the measurements the same for a WLA or Stan's system? I haven't decided which to use. Also, I'm guessing if the the sear catch needs to come off regardless what type FCG is used on a striker set-up?
    Want to buy: Tantal Left and Right side selector parts.

RRORC!
    I'm no sheep!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

The info I got was from Stan, he said his semi parts are almost the same as WLA's, he just had a few minor mods done that he believes are improvements. So to answer your first question, yes they are the same for both WLA and Stan's.

Yes the sear catch needs to come off, this is one of those ATF requirement things, you should do this and cut off that part that hits the firing pin first.
    That 3/8" groove that goes from the sear catch to the ejector port is clearence for the semi sear or striker catch(which ever you want to call it).

The only semi FCG I've seen are striker setups, there's the Vector (which I feel is complicated) and the WLA design which is also the same style as Stan's.

Feedback Score

The last picture in post #3 where it says .855 is wrong. It should be .845. I drilled mine .855 and had to grind off material on the firing pin extension to make it fit. I was using a WLA FCG.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

The last picture in post #3 where it says .855 is wrong. It should be .845
    Thank you, I'll look at it closer, I was getting ready to do these two holes.

Feedback Score

And the .0625 seems awful small. I don't even think there is a pin that small included with the FCG kit. Mine was drilled to .120 IIRC.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

And the .0625 seems awful small. I don't even think there is a pin that small included with the FCG kit. Mine was drilled to .120 IIRC.
    I was getting ready to mention this, that .0625" is wrong, that's the same as 1/16" and there's only one pin that size that is used for the disconnector. The pin that should be used there is like 1/8" and what HairyToe said does fit if you measure for it.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Update
    The .0625" hole is 1/16" and if you use that size the measurement in the pic is right, just go buy a 1/16" roll pin. If you use the pin that comes in the semi FCG you need to lower the hole, like HairyToe mentioned, since the pin is larger.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.