Thread: My idea of an RPD

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default My idea of an RPD

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I described the ideal RPD build back when that bobbed RPD from the rhodesian bush wars was circulating. This looks like what I had in mind. If ever I get the time to do so, I will build one of these:

Semi Auto 7.62 X 39 RPD Rifle- RPDCARBINE-D S Arms

Quite possibly the *perfect* SAW-like belt weapon. 7.62x39; "modernized" grip, stock, and lightened barrel.

The one thing I would change would be to make it just like that Rhodesian build and put a folding stock on it. That would of course imply needing to redesign the recoil spring so it doesn't need to go past the back of the receiver. Similar to a FAL para redesign. I think that could be done with a minimal amount of machining but then again who knows. Here's a pic of that Rhody build - am I right that it has no buttstock or recoil spring? Or is it an optical illusion in how he is holding it?

Feedback Score

i saw an add for those in shotgun news, im diggin the pkm type flash hider. i was thinkin if you went with a nonfolding AR stock you could use an AR recoil spring inside the stock and have it linked to the bolt carrier in a way that you could use a hammer type system instead of modding the rpd fcg to semi since its designed to be FA only.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

am I right that it has no buttstock or recoil spring? Or is it an optical illusion in how he is holding it?
    There's no stock, unless it's only a couple inches long.
    I'd like to know how the recoil spring was done on that. Looking at the pic I notice two thing I haven't seen on an RPD. First look at the front of the receiver (between the drum & barrel), it looks taller and curved on top, all the ones I've seen are smaller and square. Second is the rod running down the side of the gas tube, his hand is over it. Wonder what that is?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Don't have a reference for what the frontal area of the receiver could be. Pretty sure that rod is the bipod in the folded position. Looks like a standard AK grip attached to the front. Perhaps this was cobbled together from RPD and non-RPD parts?

Another Day In Paradise DiabloII's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Second is the rod running down the side of the gas tube, his hand is over it. Wonder what that is?

it kinda looks like a bipod but can't really be sure with out looking at the other side
    buying up all the guns and ammo i can just to PISS OFF the douche bag liberals

Feedback Score

Diabloll-Cleaning rod or bayonet?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.