Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RPD Build

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Default RPD Build

Nothing special, just some pics of the build.
    Polish kit, with Vector receiver and WLA semi FCG

First is the barrel pressed in the receiver after it was turned down.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Next is the bolt carrier, the sear catch on the bottom was removed, a 3/8" wide groove cut down the center, the area that hits the firing pin was removed, the rail was thinned to fit the receiver and the firing pin extension installed.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Lower
    Had to remove some of the front to seat fully on the receiver, left the original serial #, even though it doesn't matter.

Milled the inside for the semi setup to fit.

Trigger mod for the new return spring

Semi FCG parts layed out, not my pic

And the pattern used for the FCG holes. Thanks to Mike (Prexis) from the Weapons Guild

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

FCG installed

Test fitting of parts, it's hard to see but there's a drill bit holding the top cover on.

Got it assembled at this point, only need to cut the striker spring to length, that's it below the rifle.
    It was about 21" to fit in about a 4.5" space, I ended up with a 7.5" spring.

Didn't take any more pics since it was assembled but I put some cold blue on the receiver and it didn't come out to well, so I'll have to redo it later and get some pics.
    Got to test fire it a couple times, seems to work fine so far.

Feedback Score

Good looking RPD !!! Nice work too. That will make a trip to the range the highlight of the Summer of '11.

VD
    Last edited by Viper Dude; 05-30-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: typo...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Wow!! Great work.

The fcg -- is that the one from the Remington shot gun?

Coils, did you set the head space with the barrel or are you going to do it with the paddles?
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thank you and thank you

Winn the FCG is what Wise Lite Arms designed. Weaponeer still sells it, and Pirate use to but he redesigned it a little and have them made for him now.

For the head spacing I put the barrel almost all of the way in, then set the bolt with the locking flaps (paddles) locked into the receiver and a GO guage in, then pressed the barrel the rest of the way in with the bolt in place. When I checked it with the NO-GO the flaps still locked, so I pressed the barrel in just a tad more, then they wouldn't lock on the NO-GO but still did on the GO.

I've heard of others just pressing the barrel all the way in and adjusting head space by filing the flaps, I didn't want to try this because I was worried I'd screw it up.
    I know this is more then what you asked for, but hopefully it will help others later.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post

Winn the FCG is what Wise Lite Arms designed. Weaponeer still sells it, and Pirate use to but he redesigned it a little and have them made for him now.

For the head spacing I put the barrel almost all of the way in, then set the bolt with the locking flaps (paddles) locked into the receiver and a GO guage in, then pressed the barrel the rest of the way in with the bolt in place. When I checked it with the NO-GO the flaps still locked, so I pressed the barrel in just a tad more, then they wouldn't lock on the NO-GO but still did on the GO.

I've heard of others just pressing the barrel all the way in and adjusting head space by filing the flaps, I didn't want to try this because I was worried I'd screw it up.
    I know this is more then what you asked for, but hopefully it will help others later.
    It helps me now!!

I've done the file flaps, even bought different ones, hoping for a get it right dimension by trial and error. Your way with the barrel sounds like the right way to do it.
    Thanks.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Glad it helped Winn

Here's a couple pics of it with the crappy finish, didn't take any close enough for you to notice though
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

looks Great!

they are a lot of fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.