Gunco Forums banner

SG43 Goryunov Set barrel question

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Coils 
#1 ·
So, iv been eyeballing the SG43 fro awhile, it looks super fun.. i love the thought of a belt fed (tho in semi auto is sort of a oxymoron) but... hanging out with one of those and being the owner / builder sounds great.. except the cost behind them.. iv built a few AK platform things, whats the best way to go around doing one of these?

I watched C2builder on youtube diagnose re-welding a russian heavy machine gun, and patching up the drilled holes on the barrel, is this too far fetched?? or not even worth it? i mean, a kits 350 bucks.. are there decently priced semi auto receivers on the market? or does that mainly occur in the actual trigger houseing?

#3 ·
and patching up the drilled holes on the barrel, is this too far fetched??
I personally don't like the idea of doing this, but I guess if you really know how to weld it can work.

As of right now I don't know of any semi receivers, the old one was being welded together with blocks welded in to keep unmodified parts from being used.
Greg Clark just got an ATF approval for a semi build, I think he might be doing them for people.

If your not a member at the Weapons Guild yet, you might want to sign up, they have a section for the SG43, but there's limited build info right now.

Actually building these are a lot cheaper then buying a built semi, the last time I looked CIA was the only place offering a semi and they're like $5 or 6k with the wheeled mount.

#9 ·
Not "intended to be fired from the shoulder".
You are correct, No 922r needed

You don't need a letter for a personal build, that's mainly for someone building them or the receiver as a business, having a copy of an approval letter won't hurt though. But you have to follow the laws that none of the FA parts will just drop in (blocks or pins) like for the bolt or FCG, try to follow some of the build styles already used as a guide. I know you understand this already, just stating it anyway.

With the Weapons Guild thing, go into the "parts kit home builds" area and the "Gory43/sg43" area, there's 3 pages of threads and almost all the info is in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.