Gunco Forums banner

pkt reciever reweld capability?

24K views 108 replies 13 participants last post by  Pryotex 
#1 ·
Has anyone here, re welded a original demilled reciever (obvusally with the proper semi auto actions needed) or would it be better to try to convert a SGMT gory to a pkm style platform? i own a sg 43, but i think its just way too beefy for anything non supported by a carage or tripod .. ideas? in search for a fun bipod beltfed, semi, of corse... PKM's are just so.. badass.. im okay with bastardization, too.

#86 ·
Fuck, write me down for 2! XD
Also, welded on seems better, i stare at the recever and have no idea how they managed to stretch the metal like that.
looks intense. glad to see your progress, i havent made any, which is why i havent been posteing, the alumminum block of mine has almost 3 hours of sawing on it, and its not even done yet, i picked up a abrasive cutting saw, but dont have any time, because i back shifted to projects i can do instead of projects that have handicapped themselves due to my limited technical equipment and time. frustrateing, but i rather work on stuff that doesnt piss me off, the joy of building over forcing the entire process

#88 ·
Built with high grade .0685 1010 ANN steel, this receiver will perform as well as the original and can be spot hardened.
The Top rails need to be profiled just like on the older AK flats, Trunnion holes and Ejector cut-outs will be needed. These are in WHITE.
The cocking handle plate is shown NOT SPOT WELDED, only for "looks".
These will be offered soon. A final check will be done and then sales will begin.
This IS NOT THE WTS post, This is for feedback.

Attachments

#92 ·
Think I'll Tease ya a little with the fitting of the internal sleeve. Im checking out of the internal sleeve / Cocking handle slot.
The Sleeve also adds strength and a Reduced ID to it.

[video=youtube;SjBG9E3CO0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjBG9E3CO0U]PKT / PKM cocking slot - YouTube[/video]

Attachments

#97 ·
I got the flats, Denials, and another part of the jig, The bending, welding, spot welding, selling will start shortly. I hope to get the dust of the PKT / PKM kits that have been sitting around not getting built.

#101 ·
How do we go about ordering an 80% receiver? OH you have a thread at WG, don't you?
OK how about links to the items your talking about, your receiver & the barrel?

Sorry, but I only go to the build area over there and don't know where to look for these

#108 ·
oh never mind...... was gonna tease him about the "cutting" but will let it go, he's been teased a good bit already.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.