Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: pkt reciever reweld capability?

Feedback Score

PKT converted for infantry use. Translated from Russian. The transformation machine gun PKT - In the course of numerous local conflicts in the early '90s, the former Soviet Union, representatives of illegal armed groups an acute demand for machine-guns, as the primary means of support for the infantry. At the same time, the warring parties, a large number of machine gun stolen in the army, taken from a damaged in combat or incapacitated armor. Natural step to overcome this deficiency should be considered as small scale production of alteration in the mechanical workshops of the civil Profile armored infantry machine gun in the option. Scheme alterations, which received the greatest distribution was as follows: - With electric trigger gun shot block. - To free up space on the back plate receiver, overlaid steel plates for sidewall compound Miniature receiver attached to the butt of a pistol grip from a single piece of plastic or multiple layers of plywood glued together. - A safety plate was removed, and partially cut off trigger was connected to a homemade hook to cut out a slot in the bottom of the receiver. - The site bleed stem bolts are fastened with a clamp bipod tin of thick steel rod with pointed ends. - In the barrel in front of the welding protrusion was attached to the front sight. - At the receiver cover Miniature compound joined a steel angle with the radial notch, playing the role of a sight leaf. Because the maximum simplification of the process of adaptation, on the obtained machine guns were no such elements infantry machine gun PKM as: safety lamp, bracket for mounting the box of ammunition, safety clip on the trigger, the holder on the bipod for precast ramrod, nests in the butt for the nipples and a pen holder cleaning supplies. Due to these simplifications, a converted machine gun PKM inferior with regard to dimensions and weight indicators for ease of carrying in combat, security and accuracy of aimed fire. The only advantage to a converted PBC RMB turned out to be an opportunity for more intensive and prolonged fire due to the presence of an elongated stem, and weighted. Machine guns of similar design have been widely used in the Karabakh war, during the First and Second Chechen wars, the Civil War in Tajikistan, in the South Ossetian War (1991-1992), in the Georgian-Abkhazian war (1992-1993).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Im converting my PKT with a PSL butt stock (They are much cheaper) and also machining the original electric rear trunnion to a Spade Grip. I repaired the barrel so I will keep the longer original and save some cash.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

PKT converted for infantry use.
    Now that looks like a useful and some what cheap conversion. I like that

And thanks for the info from those two post
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

There will be a 75-80% PKM / PKT receiver available soon, Ill let ya know when I know more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

id like to know as well, this rewelds takeing forever

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ok, Im stamping out new 80% receivers, I have all the parts now. These include a exact copy of the camming plate and laser cut feed paw budge. (Not boxy like others) I blew out my cylinder on my press and one is "shipping" as I type. When I get the press fixed I will stamp up one to ensure that everything is correct. I am hoping for less than a week.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hrm, this might sound noobie, but on un heattreated metal, is the reciever of these guys thick enough for no heat treated spots? i mean, theres no axis pins moveing around. also, to bend these to a 100%, would one just do the AGI (american gunsmith) method of folding the bent?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFetus View Post
    Hrm, this might sound noobie, but on un heattreated metal, is the reciever of these guys thick enough for no heat treated spots? i mean, theres no axis pins moveing around. also, to bend these to a 100%, would one just do the AGI (american gunsmith) method of folding the bent?
    These are bent, But no holes, There are the rivet holes that need to be drilled and a few places that need to be cut out. (Mill, cutoff wheel). There is a 0.25" Blocking bar installed for Hammer fire units. (ATF likes that better than no blocking bar for striker fire). I am checking to see if I am allowed to cut the charging handle slot. If I can I will also Spot weld the Camming plate on.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I am checking to see if I am allowed to cut the charging handle slot
    If they are iffy on the slot, how about just putting a hole at each end of it?
    This way someone has reference points to start and stop. Just an idea

Hell if you can do a bent blank, even without any holes but all the measurements needed are provided, I'd buy one and I don't have a kit yet.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    If they are iffy on the slot, how about just putting a hole at each end of it?
    This way someone has reference points to start and stop. Just an idea

Hell if you can do a bent blank, even without any holes but all the measurements needed are provided, I'd buy one and I don't have a kit yet.

It has a Bonded templet for hole locations, cutting the slot would only allow me to spot weld the camming plate on.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Search tags for this page

convert pkt pkm
pkt pkm conversion

pkt reweld

pkt reweld jig
rewelding pkm receiver
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.