Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: pkt reciever reweld capability?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Lightbulb pkt reciever reweld capability?

Has anyone here, re welded a original demilled reciever (obvusally with the proper semi auto actions needed) or would it be better to try to convert a SGMT gory to a pkm style platform? i own a sg 43, but i think its just way too beefy for anything non supported by a carage or tripod .. ideas? in search for a fun bipod beltfed, semi, of corse... PKM's are just so.. badass.. im okay with bastardization, too.

Feedback Score

I thought about trying to build a pkm from a pkt parts kit a while ago and was planing on doing a reweld but couldnt find blueprints or drawings for the receiver anywhere! but it seems doable

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

iv been searching weapons guild. theres a few posts on it... i guess i shouldv checked there first.. before posting here XD

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yes the original receiver on the PKT can be rewelded, you'd have to check at WG to see if there's any info how they are getting the dimensions, if not I can ask the guy from the local gun shop, he's been working on one and I think he got it welded up.
    And yes it can be made like a RKM but you'll still have a heavy barrel unless you can find one for a PKM some where.
    You need to get or make a stock and mount, put on the pistol grip assemble and add sights.
    Last edited by Coils; 11-27-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Don't need no stinkin' blueprint! Let the parts be the guide - Fit the trunion first, then use the top cover latch to fit the rear section. Relatively simple process for that.

The problems with the PK receivers are that the metal is so thin. Not like welding an MG42. Pirate has receiver flat sections for $50. I made a jig and bent mine up on the press. It needs to have the rails welded in. I am sitting on a pile of springs and other parts that I hope can be fit to eliminate the need for a buffer tube. I refuse to build mine WITH a buffer tube

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Pirate has receiver flat sections for $50.
    That's very interesting, never heard that mentioned before. Hmmm
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

They are big U-channels of steel... When you bend the tops over into the top rails, they will be short. The best I have planned (have yet to try) is to cut some strips and weld them to the short top rails. Then grind them smooth top and bottom. You could weld them before bending but I have already bent mine. Don't really think it matters... point is you have to weld something to the too-short top rails to make them work. Unless you intend to use a Vltor-style machined top rail thingy.

Edit - the bottom clearance for the feed pawl is tricky. I did mine with the press and very careful placement of press plates. It isn't as nice as I'd like. I think a better solution would be a machined press plate that has a limiter for the distance to press. Eyeball 1.0 worked for me, however.

pkm

Feedback Score

sweet hc. I also dont like the idea of a buffer tube.....BUT have you seen the yugo pkm variant? it has a solid stock so if you replicated this stock you could have a buffer tube inside of it and nobody would know. also i have heard that the pkt and pkm trunnions are different so barrels will not interchange but you could always make your own barrel.

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/cms/asset..._bezoptike.jpg

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yes that Yugo variant would be fine with a buffer tube

I don't know about the PKT vs PKM trunions. As far as I know, the PKT is the vehicle-mount modification, and as such has an electric solenoid activation, as well as a different type of flash hider (the cone-shaped one).

I am unaware as to the trunion design differences, if any. I seriously doubt they would redo the trunions, because why bother if you are simply modifying it to a vehicle mount. Seems like it is just a vehicle modification. Looking at some of the pics of a PKT kit, and PKT pics up close, all the rivet holes look the same. I don't think they are different but would like to know for certain.

Feedback Score

very true! it doesnt make sense to change trunnions idk where i heard that. so building from a pkt kit you would still have to make your own rear trunnion and find a gas block, pistol grip, trigger housing and semi mods. this place has had some cool pkm stuff lately.

Soviet-military.com Online Store - Soviet and New Russian Army Surplus in online military shop

i have also seen gas blocks and trigger housings on gunbroker every now and then

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

pkt reweld

rewelding pkm receiver

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.