Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: building a 1919

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Are kits still available? I gave up on those a while back

Feedback Score

Sarco has beat up ones for only $1400.

Oherwise, you see them go up on 1919A4.com about once every other week. Normally takes at least five minutes for somebody to snap it up.

Shame I bought mine at $250

Karl

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_T View Post
    Shootin' a beltfed is the most fun that can be had, with all your clothes on.

I noticed you have the bolt hold open strap in the top pic but didn't mount it on your RSP. Did you have a reason?

Karl

just didnt feel like it. like the smooth clean look.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_T View Post
    Sarco has beat up ones for only $1400.
    Holy crap, is that what they're going for now?
    IIRC, When I bought mine, I paid $400 for a mint kit with two brand new barrels.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Yep: I paid $350.00 with two barrels from FAC. I'm slow & just finished painting this morning. Seven year build! Seems likke everyone else has theirs parkerized & I wanted to be a bit different. So..GunKote gunmetal blue over zinc phosphate park. Damn there's a lot of pieces to paint!!
    The 1928 tripod is even more work because I wanted all the rust pits filled & I'm sanding & polishing all the brass. Sanding & sanding & I'll be sanding for weeks to come. Some of the casting pits seem to have no bottom!! Heh..Heh
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You know what really works good for filling those minor pits if you're painting it Bradrock,,a high build catilized 2 part epoxy auto primer. 1-2 thin even coats and some sanding and there gone,, great stuff and it's bullet proof, it WON"T come off. That will save ya TON'S of time and effort with a better overall results and in less time.Great stuff.

I'd seen a 1919 years and years ago that someone had bead blasted and did a low sheen nickle plating on it, different, but it looked pretty damn good, that finish really made the lines of it stand out more than a blue/black finish. It almost looked like a dull silver parkerizing is about the only way I could describe it. Kinda different. I remember the guy saying the plating made the gun much tighter and smoother with the hard nickle plating and the extra thickness of the nickle being deposited on the surface made a big difference all around, and wasn't as hard to clean.

But seriously if you guys are doing up something that's pitted and you're planing on painting it, try that primer, it's really awesome!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

doubles

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Well I powder coated the tripod legs & side plates ,so no body filler. I found a product at Eastwood called high temp Lab Metal. About $75.00 for a tiny tiny wee little can & a pint of solvent for clean up. But it worked.

I think my Gunmetal blue over park finish is the best looking 1919 I've ever seen

Just kidding....Heh...Heh
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

yeah A buddy Ceracoated his 1919 desert tan. .. it looked Tits... but the dumb bastard sold it... off.. B2B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.