Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: PKM Build: Parts Question

Feedback Score

Alright Pookie, I did my best to capture the information you requested in pics. Disclaimer: I am a grunt and not a photographer. I will add them in several posts due to my slow connection here. I will include all measurements in writing just in case they are not clear. I tried to get the internals from a few different angles to give you an idea. Let me know if your looking for something different. I should have access to this weapon at least 1 more day. I will take additional pictures as requested while I have access.

Feedback Score

Ok, again I am a grunt, get paid to break shit, even if its not supposed to be broken. How do I insert pics from the desktop without entering a URL? If this doesn't work, Pookie just PM me.

Feedback Score

Here are some measurements until i can figure out how to post the pictures.

Distance from the front of the receiver to ejection port: 4 7/8"
    Width of ejection port: just a hair over 3 1/2"
    Height of ejection port: depends on where you want to call the bottom, but the opening is around 7/8" (pictures will show what i mean)

Trigger housing is 7 3/8" from front and 1 1/32" from rear.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

How do I insert pics from the desktop without entering a URL?
    Try this, go into advanced reply ("go advanced"), then scroll down to "manage attachments". When you click on that it will open a new window, in the upper right click on "add files", then "browse" and search for your pics on your pc.

I think that should work, but I haven't loaded any pics on the new site yet
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

It is going to be a few days before I can load the photos. But I was wondering if anyone knew the purpose for the small bracket inside the receiver located where the gas tube is inserted? My only guess is that it prevents the gas tube from being inserted too far, but its only a guess. I will try to include pictures when I post the others.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Ok, you guys are making me drool over a belt fed. I've been wanting to test the waters for awhile, and this thread might just make me jump.

By the way Beast, welcome aboard, and thank you for your service.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ive been held up a little bit on this PKM build... life just has a tendency to get in the way.

got some loose ends to tie up on a couple other builds along with the home projects .. then its full scale on this next PKM.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Thanks 2ndAmendican. I am pretty excited to get this build going when I get home. Maybe by the time I get going some others will be ready to go. I should be able to post the requested pictures tomorrow.

I saw on another thread some people were looking at how to put optics on the PKM. Just a thought but someone could probably put a standard AK rail on the receiver. The Yugo I was taking pictures of had a rail on the left side, but it looked a little different than a standard AK rail.

I also put 400rnds through that weapon the other day. Dream come true. Well maybe not a dream but it was AWESOME!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST26 View Post
    Thanks 2ndAmendican. I am pretty excited to get this build going when I get home. Maybe by the time I get going some others will be ready to go. I should be able to post the requested pictures tomorrow.

I saw on another thread some people were looking at how to put optics on the PKM. Just a thought but someone could probably put a standard AK rail on the receiver. The Yugo I was taking pictures of had a rail on the left side, but it looked a little different than a standard AK rail.

I also put 400rnds through that weapon the other day. Dream come true. Well maybe not a dream but it was AWESOME!
    That's too cool. I'd love to fire an F/A version.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Search tags for this page

how to build a pkm

is anyone building the pkm

pkm build

pkm parts

pkm-build
pkt to pkm conversion

pkt trunnion work in pkm receiver

pyrotex pkm
pyrotex pkm receiver

semi pkm build

tec tactical pkm hammer conversion
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.