Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PKM Build: Parts Question

Feedback Score

Default PKM Build: Parts Question

I have decided to take the plunge and try my hand at a semi PKM build. Looking through other threads and for parts online, I see that I am about 4 years too late on this band wagon. But hell, why not give it a shot.

Anyways, I am starting with a PKT parts kit and gathering the additional parts for a PKM build. I was wondering if anyone has any good links for PKM parts? Also, does anyone currently have any of the following parts that is willing to send critical dimensions so that I can have someone fabricate the parts. I am looking for: front sight assembly, front gas block, ammo can hanger and rear trunnion. Lastly, any suggestions on people who may be able to fab these parts?

I hope some of you experienced builders out there can help me out. I am currently in Afghanistan, so there is not a huge rush to get these things fabricated, but I would like to gather as much info as possible. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Welcome to the forum

Yes you are a little late, there were even kits about 5 or 6 years ago.
    But I think a new small wave of builds will be coming soon, Prexis over on Weapons Guild is slowly working on replacement barrels for these, and Pryotex of TEC Tactical (on here and on WG) makes small batches of receiver blanks.

As for the parts your looking for, they are hard to find and I don't know of anyone making them. The stock mount doesn't seem too difficult to make a functioning piece.
    For most of the parts, RTG use to carry them and might get more if enough people show interest. Go into the AK section and look in the lower right area.
    https://www.robertrtg.com/index.html
    Since your over there it would be easier to find some of these items where your at
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Thanks Coils. I've been put on the waiting list for RTG for parts. Seems like it could be a very long wait. I knew it would be a shot in the dark but I figure someone might have the part and i could get a machinist to build it off of specs. Thanks for the other names. I have not read anything by Pyrotex on any of the threads i have checked out so far. Thanks for the lead.

I thought about trying to find some parts over here. Two issues: The first is convincing an Afghan to part with pieces of his weapon. Better luck finding a virgin prostitute. Second and probably more important, is legally shipping the parts. I think that its next to impossible to do.

Feedback Score

Posted Twice, my bad.
    Last edited by BEAST26; 05-03-2013 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Double Posted

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/beltfeed/beltfeed.htm

Has a lot of good pics and info too
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/beltfeed/beltfeed.htm

Has a lot of good pics and info too
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score

Thanks Pyrotex. Drooling over his page was a big inspiration to get this project going.

Pyrotex... Coils posted above that you do small batches of PKM receiver blanks. Any available?

Feedback Score

Thanks Pyrotex. Drooling over his page was a big inspiration to get this project going.

Pyrotex... Coils posted above that you do small batches of PKM receiver blanks. Any available?

Feedback Score

I talked with some Afghan Uniformed Police yesterday. Going price for a PKM in Afghanistan is about $6000. Pretty hefty price, but not a bad deal compared to the $10K plus that I have seen on Gunbroker lately. If only it wasn't highly illegal to import. The hunt continues for PKM parts. It may take awhile, but at least my semi will be legal and I can spend years enjoying it rather than sitting in a jail cell.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yeah soon as Pryotex get this batch of receivers out i'll be doing a build tutorial on the set up with his receiver and a combined approach from the 2 of us....

we have several ideas that we are testing out and will pick the one thats easiest to duplicate for most builders.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

pkm build

semi pkm build

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.