Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What's the Cheapest and/or Easiest Belt Fed Kit to Build???

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Question What's the Cheapest and/or Easiest Belt Fed Kit to Build???

I'm trying to inspire some more gun building threads, so guys please get involved and lets talk guns!! As stated 100 times already, I have said I can't afford to build right now, but I would like to gain some info and/or insight on some platforms that I have not tried yet. I have yet to do a belt fed of any type. And yes, I could do a search, but that's not helping to get building discussions going, so I do not plan to use the Library or Search. I want us all to talk about it. Please!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Probably about the easiest is a 1919, rivet on some side plates and have some parts machined and there ya go. Kits are damn expensive though.

Cheapest is probably going to be one of the comblock beltfeds, the kits are relatively cheap and some can be done as rewelds. An MG53 would be great based on kit prices, but the receiver sections to repair it with, along with the skills needed, are steep.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Maybe not the easiest, but maybe the cheapest would be the MG47 style build, APEX has those Hungarian under folders for under $200 right now, sell off the folder for some funds toward other parts. Or if your lucky enough to get a bolt system and trunnion cheap, you need to make most of the other stuff anyway.

For easiest, what Kernel said, but they are not cheap anymore.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

whatever happened to them old cloth belts? like early ww1 MGs had??

back in the 80s there was a guy who built some of super high RPM full auto .22 rim fire pistol.

it ran off a cloth belt , i think it fired like 3500rpm--

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The 1919 can use cloth belts or links. IMA usually has belts.
    I have a Lakeside Razorback, it is a .22 belt fed upper for an AR, which uses a cloth belt.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Probably about the easiest is a 1919, rivet on some side plates and have some parts machined and there ya go. Kits are damn expensive though.

Cheapest is probably going to be one of the comblock beltfeds, the kits are relatively cheap and some can be done as rewelds. An MG53 would be great based on kit prices, but the receiver sections to repair it with, along with the skills needed, are steep.
    Thank Kernel and everyone else. Yeah my dream build is MG42/M53. It's up my alley I believe based on skill, and equipment. Although the knowledge on the platform isn't great. That's why I'm here. To learn.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I can't afford to build too much lately either. Still have a couple of kits I haven't gotten to yet. I've been thinking about a belt fed too. It's on my list. Problem is none of them are cheap anymore.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

interesting-- you should post some photos of it if you have the time--

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    The 1919 can use cloth belts or links. IMA usually has belts.
    I have a Lakeside Razorback, it is a .22 belt fed upper for an AR, which uses a cloth belt.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I built one a couple of years ago. Still got it, can't afford to feed it lol

2ndAmendican likes this.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Ohh that's purdy!!! Thanks for posting that x39.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.