Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CAI Fal recievers

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default CAI Fal recievers

Has anyone used either an inch or metric receiver from CAI to do a build? If so how were they? Any problems? Thanks Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Jack--I can't keep the players straight.

I'll look, but I think the two L1A1 I 've got were on Imbel.

Master Endmill Breaker Rhino_66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

From what I've read on FAL Files, the Century receivers are bargain priced but require you to do some actual gunsmithing work to get any reliability out of them.

The big problems reported were with the feed ramps, the so-called unibrow over the gas piston hole, locking shoulder hole is tight, the bolt rails are tight, the magwell is sometimes tight.

Check out this link on FAL Files for better info:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...threadid=97998

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino_66
    From what I've read on FAL Files, the Century receivers are bargain priced but require you to do some actual gunsmithing work to get any reliability out of them.

The big problems reported were with the feed ramps, the so-called unibrow over the gas piston hole, locking shoulder hole is tight, the bolt rails are tight, the magwell is sometimes tight.

Check out this link on FAL Files for better info:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...threadid=97998
    Thanks for the info. I have orderd to inch pattern and one metric and wanted to know if there were problems that I could correct. I think for my STG 58 I am going to get a DSA type 2. I like fals almost as much as aks. Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

Master Endmill Breaker Rhino_66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scubadvr
    I think for my STG 58 I am going to get a DSA type 2. I like fals almost as much as aks. Jack
    I guarantee you will NOT be disappointed with the DSA receiver. I ordered 2 Imbel kits from Gunthings.com. The kits that I got were the "good" condition bore versions, and there isn't the slightest imperfection on either one. Both of these are going to get DSA type 1 receivers (I'm still saving up for that purchase...). I have a third kit that I bought on eBay the middle of last year. The bore is kind of crappy near the muzzle, but is fine further back. I think I'll shorten that one to 17" and use one of the Coonan or maybe Imbel Gear type 3 for it.

I like the FAL because the .308 is great to shoot. The adjustable gas on the FAL makes functionality great with different ammo. My first FAL was Imbel (bought on eBay early in 2003) on DSA type 1 and it came out great. The thing is damn accurate and I'm going to drop a few more $$$ for a decent scope.

Post some pics when you get them assembled, especially the STG. The fake STG muzzle pieces look okay but I prefer the real deal...

BTW, Ironwood is going to be running another batch of FAL stock sets. There is a signup post on FAL Files if you're interested... It's a lot of money, but it's a helluva lot purtier than those penguin sets.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=108748

Feedback Score

scubadvr,
    No one can knock DSA's quality and appearance but it definately comes at a price premium. While the CAI recievers are just more Hesse crap (I know my first build was on a hesse, never again! Although after alot of work that stg is one of my most accurate)If your looking for qaulity to dollar its hard to beat Imbel, if you have to have type1 I'd at least look at the coonan before putting down twice the money on DSA. I've built on all of the above with the exception of DSA and if I build another it will probably be a DSA just to have one in the collection (I have a primo izzy L1A1 waiting patiently) I've heard DSA is working on an inch reciever.
    Well thats my two cents.
    Feel free to pm me if there are any question about my builds.
    70ss396

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks for the info. I have finished my G1 with a CAI receiver. It seems to be ok but I have to wait to go to the range to see. Perhaps I will try some dummy rounds first. I really like the G1 have a couple of other kits yet to build along with some L1A1s. I am saving my STG for a DSA reciever type two. I can't wait until the Gun Parts Guy gets his site up and running. Perhaps we can convince him to move a little stonger in to AKs as well. Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Jack, I ordered the inter-ordinance kit one month ago but have not heard anything from them. How did the build go?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Winn, it was very easy. I did have the Gun Plumber video and book. They make the job very understandable.
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Have you guys looked at the Coonan receiver that FAC sells?
    It's a Type 1 receiver that matches the StG 58 and looks more original than the DSA type 2 or the Imbel type 3. I have used them and they are well made and fair priced.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.