Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FAL lower needed(upper I meant)

Feedback Score

Default FAL lower needed(upper I meant)

I need help finding the best deal on a lower for an FAL.I just orderd a FAL kit from Military Gun Supply and as listed they come with no lower reciever.So where can I oder the parts for the best price? I've still got 4 AK's out of 8 versions built so its not a first. I have a shop with all the needed equipment I just need the parts. I wanted both a G3 and an FAL but I couldnt afford it and they were sold out of G3's so Imbel it is. Im not looking for the best and most expensive reciever out there just one that I can make operational.Thanks.
    Last edited by FLSwampGunner; 07-19-2005 at 12:07 AM.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Are you sure it was a lower and not the upper? The upper on the FAL is the part you need an FFL. Most kits come with a lower. If yours didn't send it back.
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score

Oh ok.Then I need the "upper" or whatever you call it. I do the AK and G3 thing so there is only one reciever the "upper" and "lower" thing isnt my stuff thats the AR thing. I assume the "lower" is the pistol grip assembly and the "upper" is the true reciever.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Depending on what you are building the "best" receiver is a DSA Arms. Dealers Warehouse has some Imbels. They would be my next choice.
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

Feedback Score

I cant afford DSA and besides why would any of us put a shot out good (nowhere near excellent)condition parts kit on a DSA? That doesnt make any sense at all.So I'll get a Century,I'll have my dealer call them for pricing since I cant find any other vendors on the net or shotgun news,FAC has gone belly up leaving me without a supplier.I hope they sell for a good price,$150+shipping & dealer charges is about my limit.I still need compliance parts and whatever small pins and crap are missing from the kit and magazines.
    Last edited by scubadvr; 07-19-2005 at 10:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I just got two kits myself today in mail. I have been researching these builds and the Imbel is the Best. DSA Arms told me that point blank today on the phone. Problem is they are all gone. Not one anywhere that I have found. I purchased two Century Arms Receivers today.......They are down to less than five in stock and don't plan on getting any more. So move on them quick or DSA is going to be your only option!!!!!!!!!

What part of FLA you from? I'm originally from Ft. Myers area. Still have hunt camp in BIG Cypress

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FLSwampGunner
    I cant afford DSA and besides why would any of us put a shot out good (nowhere near excellent)condition parts kit on a DSA? That doesnt make any sense at all.So I'll get a Century,I'll have my dealer call them for pricing since I cant find any other vendors on the net or shotgun news,FAC has gone belly up leaving me without a supplier.I hope they sell for a good price,$150+shipping & dealer charges is about my limit.I still need compliance parts and whatever small pins and crap are missing from the kit and magazines.
    A lot of people use DSA because the kits they get have good barrels. The DSA receiver is as close to the STG58 as you are going to get. As for Imbel the problem is they are foreign and do not help your part count. As for Century well, you'll see.

P.S. sorry about stepping on your post, I clicked on the wrong button.
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I thought the DCI was the best for the $$$$...and closer to original than the imbel..

Hopefully FAC will sink very fast and the DCI receivers will be available..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Uh, the Imbels are built in a factory and on machinery set up by FN for the Brazillians, but the DSA receivers are built using factory assistance from Steyr and FN and the blue prints from Steyr. They're also forged.

Nothing usually wrong with the Imbels, but the last couple of years people have reported having to do more work to get them right.....the Belgians set that machinery up almost 40 years ago and it could be wearing out.

I'd avoid the Century if possible.
    "RPG kaboom tank!"

Comrade Soldier Koverchenko

RLB
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'm with Templar, I'd stay away from the Century. I've built numerous fals using DSA,
    Imbel and DCI and they all went together without any hitches.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.