Gunco Forums banner

FAL Headspace

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Blazerbender 
#1 ·
OK guys I'm thinking that some of you guys have already done this, but due to a twist I now have to. I've got this FAL that has been in my gun pen for a while and I need to rebarrel it. I've looked up every bit of info I need to do this project. Except that I know there are some steel rods to gauge the locking shoulder, and I lost my notes:slap: on where to source them and the best price and selection for the shoulders. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks guys.

#2 ·
I got my dial pin gauges for determining L/S size from MSC direct. They're quality and came at a very good price. Gunthings sells them too I believe as a set.

As for a replacement L/S, you might try swapping with someone on the trader boards. Seems there's always someone looking to make an even trade for a different size (been there before). Otherwise, Gunthings, Gun Parts Guy (recommended), or someone at the Fal Files are your best bets. HTH.

#3 ·
RetVet said:
I got my dial pin gauges for determining L/S size from MSC direct. They're quality and came at a very good price. Gunthings sells them too I believe as a set.

As for a replacement L/S, you might try swapping with someone on the trader boards. Seems there's always someone looking to make an even trade for a different size (been there before). Otherwise, Gunthings, Gun Parts Guy (recommended), or someone at the Fal Files are your best bets. HTH.

Yup!

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=152014

Call me when you find what size you need, you pay postage, I'll trade ya.

Got a few extra.

:)

#6 ·
Already knew about reciever wrench and barrel wrench and such, it's amazing to me that someone would try this kind of work without special tools. Thanks for the MSC tip , and thanks Bob for the heads up. gonna try tackling this between ak builds and after the holidays.

#9 ·
I was looking to get a barrel and just rebarrel it,it's a complete rifle I got in trade a long time ago. I don't take it out cuz the bone head who owned it before me chopped the barrel and used a file to reduce the OS diameter then attach an AR15 birdcage flashhider to the barrel. I saw in SGN earlier this month FAL barrels in new cond in two parts suppliers ads, and now they're OOS, but I'll wager that at 12:00:01AM on Jan 1 they'll be in stock for another say......$80 more. So I went ahead and ordered a complete kit just for the barrel . This project I'll just have to fit in as time allows I've got a few AK kits to build (6 or 7) and a truck to work on so I can sell it. Plus I'm trying to get back in school.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.