Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FAL Imbel upper receivers?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

The biggest reason you might want to get an Imbel is so your Imbel kit will be all Imbel. Other than that a DSA is pretty nice. I just built an STG58 on a Entreprise and it went real well. It is a type 1 receiver and has the STG58 stamped on the side so it looks pretty nice. To each there own though and I'm sure some won't like the Entreprise no matter what. Just my .02

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I'd go along with what Radkoch pointed out. Even though the build will still be basically a "parts gun", having all Imbel parts (minus the min US ones) will be a plus in some circles.

A few years from now, the DSA receivers and other US made ones will still be around, but Imbels will be rare and sought after by those wanting an all Imbel gun. Just something to keep in mind.

I got two more Imbel receivers from Classic when they got them in a month or so back. They both looked as good as the others I've purchased over the years. Wish I had gone for four now.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

would I find a Imbel receiver faster by posting WTB or does someone know somebody that has an extra one?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Post a WTB over at the Fal Files. That's probably your best bet.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

There is a dealer in my area that has 3 Logo receivers.......problem is he wants nearly 400.00 each for them. I could probably get all three for a grand. Been thinking about it as investment............Hmmmmmmm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well I contacted DSA today and was told they no longer offer type III receivers, only type I and IIs!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snook
    There is a dealer in my area that has 3 Logo receivers.......problem is he wants nearly 400.00 each for them. I could probably get all three for a grand. Been thinking about it as investment............Hmmmmmmm.
    i found 3 imbel gear logos locally my self he wanted $300 each so i got one on layaway.finally ill be able to get the damm thing built.i figur every where else wants $270-$290 then you have to pay all the shipping so $300 locally really aint that bad.
    Allright you primitive screw heads listen up see this this is my boom stick its a 12 guage double barrel Remington. S Marts top of the line you can find this in the sporting goods department thats right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan.retails for about $109.95 its got a walnut stock cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger.thats right shop smart shop S Mart

Ash

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Gone are the days when you could call FAC and order an Imbel gear logo receiver for $179. Wish I had bought a gross of them then.

DaFixer, you can build that kit on any FAL receiver be it a type I, II, or III. It's just a cosmetic difference you'll see where the upper receiver meets the lower receiver and it's not that obvious.

All of my kits right now were meant for type I or II receivers.

There's still hope. Entreprise makes a type III and who knows, perhaps DCI will come out with one, but I think their focus is just the type I.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I can only say that my imbel built on an imbel rec. went together very easy w/no massaging other than re-timing the bbl.But that was three years ago,when imbel receivers were easy to come by.I've seen imbels built on dsa recs. and was very impressed.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Any recommendations for where to pick up a DSA receiver or is getting one through them the best bet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.