Gunco Forums banner

Who's SELL'n FAL RECEIVERS?????

6K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  panaceabeachbum 
#1 ·
Anyone know if any companies that are selling FAL receivers yet?

#2 ·
DSA make the best in my opinion, since they got the blueprints from Steyr and FN and are forged, differencially heat treated and really well made.

Coonan used to make some nice cast ones for Federal Arms but when Fed Arms went Tango Uniform they kept the rights to the receiver/machinery and so Coonan is now having to redo all the work. Hopefully they'll have some out this year.

Imbel, very hard to get right now, made to FN spec in Brazil. Some of the later ones might need a little more tweaking to get to fit right.

My experiences with Enterprise have been entirely negative. The L1A1 receiver they sent me a while ago made some of the crap that the angry gun monkeys at Century make look good.

That's about it.

#3 ·
Thanks Templar. I had a DSA stg58 and loved it. I'm gonna try build'n a para. I don't mind paying extra for DSA quality, do they still sell receivers to the public? I thought I had heard they quit, maybe it was someone else.

#5 ·
Templar hit it on the head.....

if you need any help in the build or refinish Tony just let me know

#11 ·
ORF's do not come with an ejector block.

Not only will you have to chase one down at additional cost, but from what I understand the installation location (which requires drilling and pinning) is critical to a proper operating firearm.
Not something I want to try to mess with on my first FAL build.

Imbels have the ejector block installed from the factory.

#14 ·
Tony as one Show Me state guy to another, Bobby built most of my kit and did the guncote on it as well. I"ve always have gotten compliments on it and walk bys at Jay Henges Area 44 shooting range (opposite side of the county from you). Plus I've known Bobby/SalBO since 94 or 95 which in internet years is like 50 years and have never seen anyone upset with him in any deal with him in fact just the opposite. He's a stand up guy.
side note my son keeps pestering me to take him to Bangert Park to see that Sherman. In fact a good buddy of mine hails from up North and I think we'll take our boys together. He remembers it growing up as a kid up there.

#15 ·
scubadvr said:
About a year and a half ago Imbels were less that $200.00.:dunno:
That was when there were NO kits. WE were waiting for the return of the IMBEL kits that belonged to P.W. Arms in Washington State (The kits we see with most vendors today).

About 3 years ago, when kits were plentiful, DSA forged receivers were $400 and IMBEL forged receivers were $225-250

Now there are NO receivers, so Imbels are $450!

;)

PS,...Ejector blocks and ejectors are IN STOCK and available with my kits.

#19 ·
I think the problem is that there are only a couple manufactures on the market. So they charge whatever they want. Take it or leave it.

#24 ·
panaceabeachbum said:
I am refering to receivers, I bought a couple labled vulcan and they look very nice for the money, really nice considering imbels are $350+ I also bought a couple of the century rec for $149, a little rough around the edges but usable
Panaceabeachbum,

When do you plan to do this build? Let us know how the receiver works out the one from CFS. Thanks.
:thumbup1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.