Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FAL hb pistol build

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by los48503
    any idea who has receivers in stock i think i can use any receiver that has never been assembled into a rifle configuration.....
    I don't know where you could buy a receiver that had been used in a rifle.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score

sorry about the typo... just making shure i can use any reciever just as long as it is trransfer to me from the FFL as a pistol and that the ffl doesnt have to have recived the receiver from the manufacture being built inteded for use in a pistol build....

does my means to a pistol endcap sound ok?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I used imbel rec for mine, at the time they were $169, as soon as the coonan rec is available I am going to do another.
    All the bare rec I have used were just listed as "receiver" and never specified firearm type
    No us parts needed. The wieght restriction went out when the AWB sunset. I dont think there is an overall length restricion on pistols at the fedral level, just a min length on rifles.

You can use a standard lower for the pistol build just pull the recoil spring tube and weld the back end up . The para lowere dsa used to sell were just standard lowers with a block welded on the back

Feedback Score

so you would have to remount the recoil spring?? i found a folding lower for $100 just mill of the folding piece......

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the info los on the legal aspects of pistol builds

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

for a pistol I don't think the bbl can be rifle length 16" and when I asked earlier about your receiver being designated as a pistol I meant was, was it transferred that way? because when I received both of my Imbel Gears' they were transferred to me as long guns and logged that way in the FFL's log book. I wasn't trying to start anything just curious. the reason I bring this up is because an 18 year old cannot go buy a imbel receiver "being that age requirement is 18yrs for rifles/shotguns 21 for pistols" and then build a pistol out of it. it would clearly need to be catagorized that way from the FFL. perhaps just an opinion and a misunderstanding, and I think you do great work I really like alot of the stuff you're building lately. just kinda trying to figure out the exact circumstances that are required legally for a rifle kit turned pistol conversion on a 100% receiver...any FFL's care to shed some light on this for me? not trying to thread hijack just figured this was as good of place to ask as any.
    Twissted
    Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War - Plato
    Oh Yes, There Will Be Blood! - Saw 2

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by los48503
    so you would have to remount the recoil spring?? i found a folding lower for $100 just mill of the folding piece......
    you need to find a para top cover and bolt carrier, springs in the top cover

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Twissted1
    for a pistol I don't think the bbl can be rifle length 16"[/qoute]

[qoute=Twissted1] and when I asked earlier about your receiver being designated as a pistol I meant was, was it transferred that way? because when I received both of my Imbel Gears' they were transferred to me as long guns and logged that way in the FFL's log book. Twissted

I have not seen this in print anywhere in the federal reg book, although I see it repeated on the various forumns. Would love to know for sure. The only dimeinsional requirements I see in the reg books for pistols is that they must have a grip that sticks conspicously below the rec and has a hieght eqaul or greater than 3 3/4". Of course if youre gonna have a 16" bbl you might as well call it a rifle and have the advantage of attaching a stock when desired

The imbel receivers I have purchased as well as a bunch of oow ak rec were all logged in and transfered to me on the 4473 as "bare Receiver". The dealer I order thru wants it very clear in all his paperwork that these are bieng sold as rec only as he doesnt want to be liable for any excise tax etc down the road if these are later sold as complete firearms. I know on the invoice for the imbel rec from dealerswharehouse it just said imbel receiver and did not specify pistol or rifle. Rightly so as they hadnt been assembled and tax paid as such. Maybe the dealer in your state chose to log them in as rifles to avoid a waiting period or some other state regulation

Feedback Score

Oh how I wished I would've bought a couple of the cheap FAL kits and Imbel receivers when I had a chance.

Sweet build PBB!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

DSA has the top covers and carriers in stock I used for this build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.