Gunco Forums banner

Dealer's Warehouse e-mail

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Akron Armory 
#1 ·
Anyone else receive this today;

"We would like to thank everyone for his or her support and
understanding. We are receiving a number of calls,
regarding the availability of IMBEL FAL receivers. We only
received 20% of what IMBEL had promised us. Thus, we were unable to fill all the requests, on the call list. For one
reason or another, we have a handful of receivers
available. We have placed these receivers up for auction,
at ww.gunbroker.com
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=41279
We believe that this is the
fairest and will give every one an equal chance, for
obtaining a receiver."

For one reason or another they just happend to find a few more receivers and will get outrageous premium prices by having people bid against each. :loser:

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, I got the email and interpretted it the same way. Sarco tends to use a similar technique. Interesting how they keep "finding" "new" old stock in their warehouse after the supply of an item dries up elsewhere.

I wasn't on their list for an Imbel anyway as I already have a pair sitting around. What I need are those DCI type 1 receivers.

#5 ·
Well money talks and bullshit walks - if you *must* have an Imbel then they have you by the balls and they know it. If you don't *need* and Imbel, I'd recommend waiting for a Coonan rec from Harlan & DCI.

This makes me rethink where to send money for Para kit parts...

Highway robbery is alive and well! Hooray capitalism!

#6 ·
Yep with the prices I'm seeing on auction for the Imbels you might as well buy a DSA receiver and get the quality!! I've heard of some issues with the last batch of Imbels anyway. But I agree with Pookie and the one from Harlan or Coonan is what I'm waiting for.

#7 ·
Somebody will buy them and get raped, I would spend the extra and get a DSA than pay that for an import.

#11 ·
holy crap, do they think none are ever gonna be made again? I saw Imbel's ate the gunshow this past weekend for 300 and I wouldnt buy them.

#12 ·
robdog said:
Somebody will buy them and get raped, I would spend the extra and get a DSA than pay that for an import.
The IMBEL receiver is the only licensed by FN receiver available. It is as good as any available. The DSA is a fine receiver also. That's about where it ends for available receivers.

The DSA is the basis for my STG58. My Imbels are all built on Imbels.

#13 ·
For Metric FAL kits I put Imbel receivers on Imbel kits. STG type 1 and 2 on DSA type 1 and 2 receivers. G-1 type 1 on a DSA type 1. Makes sense to me.

Seeing the prices on Imbel receivers makes me glad I have all the Imbel receivers I need. They aren't ever gonna get any cheaper.

I still think Dealers Whorehouse should have sold these receivers to the next people in line on their list instead of auctioning them off. A lot of people waited months on their list just to be cut off at the end. I was on the list but way, way down near the bottom. Could see what was coming and found a few elsewhere.

#14 ·
Illya Kuryakin said:
For Metric FAL kits I put Imbel receivers on Imbel kits. STG type 1 and 2 on DSA type 1 and 2 receivers. G-1 type 1 on a DSA type 1. Makes sense to me.

Seeing the prices on Imbel receivers makes me glad I have all the Imbel receivers I need. They aren't ever gonna get any cheaper.

I still think Dealers Whorehouse should have sold these receivers to the next people in line on their list instead of auctioning them off. A lot of people waited months on their list just to be cut off at the end. I was on the list but way, way down near the bottom. Could see what was coming and found a few elsewhere.
People always wait for the lowest price they THINK they can get.

Last year wahen I was "part" of another operation, I suggested to the owner that we sell the pile of Imbel receivers that he had on the shelves waiting for kits to become available. The owner said let's give the guys a break and sell them off at $225, because there were NONE available at the time.

People told us we were TOO high, and that there was an importer that would be getting in some soon,..MUCH CHEAPER!

GUNBROKER BAR-BE-QUE!

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.