Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: fal build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default fal build

anyone know where I can get a cheap fal receiver. I'd love to do the 80% but I am not that ambitious. I don't want to spend that much to build the rifle. anyway let me know. thanks

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

look for a DCI
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You cant get a cheap one anymore. DSA's are great, but expensive. DCI's should be great too, but as far as I know he is still working on them. Dont know what the price will be. If I'm wrong about that then I'm pissed, because I'm supposed to be on the email list and I haven't heard anything newer than that.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, because I am the baddest motherfu$@er in the goddamn valley.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

lame, well then looks like I will be getting some other kit to build

Feedback Score

sent a e-mail to harlan at nodakspud.com he said that they will be selling fal rec type 3 for about $250. he would not say when.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I don't think there is such a thing as a "cheap" fal build, I have 2 in process at the moment and they are breaking me!! I got a nice Israeil hb kit at knob creek and am also building a para model with 16" bbl from a stg58 kit. the receivers are from dsa as well as the compliance parts. it really adds up in the end!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The Century receivers are still available for about $170, you won't get cheaper than that! However, they won't have as much resale value should you ever decide to part with it. A Century build is almost like starting with an 80% though.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I've had kits on hold waiting for DCI receivers ever since FAC went down the tubes. I think I paid $135 for the last Century receiver I got and used on a 45ACP Rhineland conversion.

My first FAL build, a G1, cost about $400 total and that was just a few years ago. The receiver and kit prices have really gone up for what you're getting.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score

so isn't FAL like the recievers for AK and you have to have FFL and everything to even get started? I am in California and I have been working AK builds (in compliance) units, but I'm wondering if the great FAL of my dreams is out of reach unless I was to sell the ranch and move on.

My question at this point is what does it look like and what building is required?

damnrancher

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by damnrancher
    so isn't FAL like the recievers for AK and you have to have FFL and everything to even get started? I am in California and I have been working AK builds (in compliance) units, but I'm wondering if the great FAL of my dreams is out of reach unless I was to sell the ranch and move on.

My question at this point is what does it look like and what building is required?

damnrancher
    This is my first FAL build. yes you need to get a receiver from an FFL dealer. I don't think a gun like this is ok for california!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.