Gunco Forums banner

My second Fal build....

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  droog 
#1 ·
This is my second attempt at a Fal it is a short gas system The piston is 5 1/2" long.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
interesting front handguard/grip - were any modifications needed? Is the barrel shorter too, or just the gas system?

#3 ·
The barrel is 16". I had to turn the barrel down and push the gasblock back 6 1/4"And redrill the gasport cut the piston spring and tube.Other than that it was pretty straight forward.I got the cobray grip from FTF industries. Its for a H&K MP 5. The receiver is a Hesse that I got for cheap.I had to mill out a chunk for the inch folding charging handle.

#4 ·
droog said:
The barrel is 16". I had to turn the barrel down and push the gasblock back 6 1/4"And redrill the gasport cut the piston spring and tube.Other than that it was pretty straight forward.I got the cobray grip from FTF industries. Its for a H&K MP 5. The receiver is a Hesse that I got for cheap.I had to mill out a chunk for the inch folding charging handle.

:thumbup1: :thumbup1:

The folding charging handles are nice. If I remember right FSE makes a folding charging handle for metric receivers.

#6 ·
droog said:
Thats what I hear and you dont have to alter the receiver either.They are kind of spendy though.
True, aren't they around $35-$40 for the metric one?

#7 ·
Something like that .The one I used was a $10 Tapco special. You dont need to win the lottery to build one of these just shop around for the parts. The U.S. stock and pistol grip and a set of handguards only ran $17. The used Heese I got for $80 and the rest of the stuff totaled about $100. It took awhile to get it all together but I kept a eye on the for Sale boards.There still are deals out there if you look for them.I just figured out what I needed then bought them when I saw them at a good price.I was going to cut the hand guards down and use them until I saw the MP-5 K-grip for $20 on FTF website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.