Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unfinished Fal Receiver

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CeeKay View Post

... More importantly, see what the FAL Files has to say about Sprat

I assume you are talking about that loooong thread over there bashing His post regarding his hand finished receiver. He never got a fair shake there.

While I'm not crazy about some of his safety procedures, He was a victim of mob mentality. The first person to respond to his post bashed him and the others all piled on. Even the few posters who were trying to give him a chance were ridiculed by the mob.
    I doubt that most of them have ever actually BUILT anything. Screwing a barrel into a finished receiver and popping in a locking shoulder is NOT building, it's assembling. FALs are incredibly easy to assemble, nothing like bending a flat (or finishing bent blank) and actually building an AK.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Thank you

Thank you for the word 7.62x39mm

someone named radio is a great assembler but dislikes true builders like myself. in automobile lingo he likes the guys on the assembly line but not the R&D guys who make the prototypes. oh well his loss

sprat

I am currenlty still fooling around I had to set the barrel back and I am in the process of reaming the chamber
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have finished two 80% FAL receiver castings with a mill and lathe. It is not an easy task even with the proper machine tools. To finish one by hand into a functioning rifle is a monumental feat. More power to you for even trying and to actually doing it.

Sharpsshooter5090

SS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default thank you again

sharpshooter

thank you also after all the grief I got at FALFiles I stopped posting there, 7,62 was right some really great peple there defended me and were shot down gunplumber was one he is a pioneer and great gunsmith he understood the talent I have or gift,
    for the record I only used the JB to help set the mag feed area until I got it fine tuned there is no more JB weld on this receiver it was a temporary fix. I should also note I did not have a 100% FFL receiver to copy from only a few stubs from barrel take offs
    thank you all for your support

as far a CeeKay who is he, he has yet to show me or anyone else a real build here or on any other site, probably because there never will be one.

there is a difference between growing the hay and shoving the shit

sprat
    Last edited by Sprat; 07-01-2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: spelling
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Even after I posted pics for him here and there he was hammered....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.