Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Metric receivers

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Century receivers are very poor quality.

DSA takes upwards of 8-9 weeks for them to deliver. A buddy of mine waited and finally got his DSA receivers and they were very high quality receivers he loves them.

I have 4 DCI receivers and all went together perfectly and they are very high quality fit and finish.

I would stick with DSA or DCI....if you want Imbel receiver gunbroker is your best bet...
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score

I just built mine on a Century with no problems at all, but if they are up to $300 go with a Nodak. That's just a no-brainer. I've got several things from CAI without getting burned, but there are too many stories of spotty quality control to go there if there's a better choice.

John

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

i have built a few fal's using imbel receivers and century receivers. i have not had much problem with the century receivers. on the last four builds i had to chase the threads on one of them. all my century receivers were made after 2000.
    i know a lot of custom builders wont' use century receivers, in the past they took extra time with the fitting. time is money when your buiding to sell for a living. if your building for yourself an extra 30 to 45 min. really does not matter.

2 century receiver builds, they shoot very good, both of these are built on S.A. (Rhodesia) kits.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I have two Century receivers, but I used them both for pistol caliber conversions. They work great for that because some of the issues these receivers have become mute at that point.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Newer Century "widows peak" receivers seem to be pretty good.
    I've used two of them and all went well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.