Gunco Forums banner

Metric receivers

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  UncleMeat 
#1 ·
Who has the best price on metric FAL receivers? I need one for my first build and don't want to pay $400+.

#10 ·
Stay away from a Century for your first build.
Their current generation receiver is much improved and some of the FAL guru's at the files have got them to run OK (with lots of tweaking) but you do not want to start out with one.

Either wait for a DSA, a DCI or plunk down major dinero for an Imbel

#19 ·
If memory serves me correctly, you can get a DSA receiver for $350 if your a member over at the "Files". You'd have to see if they're (DSA) still doing that though. I'd opt for the DSA, even if the wait is longer. There is a reason for that.:thumbup1:

#21 ·
Century receivers are very poor quality.

DSA takes upwards of 8-9 weeks for them to deliver. A buddy of mine waited and finally got his DSA receivers and they were very high quality receivers he loves them.

I have 4 DCI receivers and all went together perfectly and they are very high quality fit and finish.

I would stick with DSA or DCI....if you want Imbel receiver gunbroker is your best bet...

#22 ·
I just built mine on a Century with no problems at all, but if they are up to $300 go with a Nodak. That's just a no-brainer. I've got several things from CAI without getting burned, but there are too many stories of spotty quality control to go there if there's a better choice.

John

#23 ·
i have built a few fal's using imbel receivers and century receivers. i have not had much problem with the century receivers. on the last four builds i had to chase the threads on one of them. all my century receivers were made after 2000.
i know a lot of custom builders wont' use century receivers, in the past they took extra time with the fitting. time is money when your buiding to sell for a living. if your building for yourself an extra 30 to 45 min. really does not matter.

2 century receiver builds, they shoot very good, both of these are built on S.A. (Rhodesia) kits.

Attachments

#24 ·
I have two Century receivers, but I used them both for pistol caliber conversions. They work great for that because some of the issues these receivers have become mute at that point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.