Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: hotbarrel's receiver wrench

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

here is an inital list. more than enough to call it a go.
    I do understand that some details are still unclear so as of yet nobody is to feel obligated yet. lets keep this fun.

762x39
    caschu0
    Winn-r
    LRRP-87
    tony
    Bontai
    tiger917
    muttman
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrel
    .. no matter what I need to get the tool to hold the reciever in its odd shape. then it could be easy to add a handle if needed
    HB,

The square cutouts in the receiver wrench are for 1/2" and 3/4" breaker bars, that's all the handle that's needed. Actually all you really need is the 3/4" that's all most of them have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

yes That was why I stated that "I" needed the stubs, I actually bought a stub that was taken off with a wrench in a standard table vise the charging handle slot was crushed but thats only MY concern, and yes dremel cut-off wheels and chisels. most folks posting over at the file's dremel and turn the barrel with a open end wrench and skip the wrenchs posted above. again a little heat to the stub, the barrel vise tightened and then placed in a vice. I need the Large hole for the large breaking bar
    lots of Thompson kit owners did the same thing they cut the stubs off with a dremel and a chisel, until they realized that the stub was the only part of the old receiver you could not buy, but again you folks with store bought receivers do not have that worry

Hot barrel-good luck with your venture
    sprat

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Will this one work -- and I'm sure it will, the difference can't be much -- on the inch ones?
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I know I'll be needing some tools to assemble my FAL (assuming, of course, that I can ever find a receiver at anything less than outrageous price and delivered sometime before they open the skating rink in the infernal region!). Depending on your price, I may be in for one.
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Feedback Score

hot barrel,
    just to make things a little clearer I'm looking for a reciver wrench not the barrel wrench. the cut out for the braker bar is not needed ( if you make one) Ill tack weld a plate on the bottom and clamp it down in a vice. muttman

this might help if the image works. muttman

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

barrel wrench's who make's or sells those????????????? why tack or weld anything just put the hot barrel receiver wrench in a vise and turn the barrel out with a OPEN END Wrench available at any hardware store and why weld anything and if you can not budge the barrel and round the corners of the barrel then get a barrel Vise or cut off wheels for your dremel

wynn
    and all receiver wrenchs fit inch and metric pattern

sprat

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat
    barrel wrench's who make's or sells those?????????????
    See post #21 above

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by muttman
    hot barrel,
    just to make things a little clearer I'm looking for a reciver wrench not the barrel wrench. the cut out for the braker bar is not needed ( if you make one) Ill tack weld a plate on the bottom and clamp it down in a vice.
    There is no need to weld anything to it. The receiver wrenches are designed to clamp in a vise, as is.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat
    ...I would like all to know I have had a running ad on several sites trying to buy used fal wrenchs and vises with no replies...
    When they do come up, they don't last very long.
    Here's a set listed on the files last night, it sold in less than an hour. LOL

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=201618

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.