Gunco Forums banner

hotbarrel's receiver wrench

17K views 134 replies 33 participants last post by  FloridaAKM 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This thread is a continuation of this thread.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32883

Who's interested?
7.62x39

is this the tool made from 2 pieces of flat stock milled out to the profile
I think a neibor of mine has one I can easy copy . do you have any pic just to be shure..

#105 ·
OK
I have read my Pm's today, and I am going to look around for more material. now that the design part in finished they should be quicker to finish. if possable I will try to prevent returning orders. that is all I can do rite now. lets see what I find around, and I will post back in in a day or so. .

#106 ·
Guys,
As you all know, HB offers this stuff for the love of the hobby.
At the prices He charges, He sure ain't in it for the money. His prices barely cover his material and electricity costs, with maybe enough left over for a six pack, if He's lucky.

If he gets stuck with product he made in good faith for someone who says they want one, that isn't right.
HB has never posted the names of the culprits before when people bailed on previous deals even though, several members suggested he should.

I propose that anybody who says they want one, then disappears leaving HB hanging, should receive a bad trader rating.
I'm not talking about someone who has something unexpected pop up that forces them to drop out, stuff happens.
As long as the person has the courtesy of contacting HB and let him know ASAP.

It's also not fair to other members, who may really want/need an item that HB is holding for someone who has no intention of following through with the deal.

#108 ·
resting
thanks friend

I have an update, I was able to get more material!! I am going to make more tool sets. about the same number as last time. I should finish faster this time now that the R&D is done.

at this time I do not know how I am going to deal with a list or the second list. I will think about it today. I guess the guys that wanted on a second list should realy get first pic if they still want a set. ..

#109 ·
blazerbender
rocster
bombero
RTO68-69

here are the guys I see asking to be on a second list. If I missed you and you want in please just speek up. I said I would give you guys first chance at a second run and I will stand by that!
if any of you happened to allready send a payment that is fine just let me know.
if you have changed your mind since you posted in that is fine "no pressure" feel free to let me now. this way it will open up a space for someone else. also free to pleasepost in if you are still intrested to get on a confermed list.

I think I will take the info from this point on to make a second list from. max # on the CONFERMED LIST will be 6 for now.

thanks for all your patiance HB

#110 ·
Bradd; If by chance you ever get stuck with a set and run out of buyers, just let me know & I'll buy it. Otherwise I still want to try & make my own. I need to learn how to use my lathe & mill someday! The problem is that you keep selling parts/tools that are just TOO nice & TOO cheap!!!
Please double or triple your prices so I have some incentive !!!!

Best wishes, Brad

G
#112 ·
I'm not in the need of one of these fine tools but just wanted to say thanks Hotbarrel for all your work. I've bought numerous things from him and his work is not only top notch but he does it with a love for his work and all of us builders.
Thanks
Cimarron

#114 ·
update.
as I mentioned I got more material so nobody will be disapointed. I worked all night and have a real good head start on the second run of reciever wrenches. I feel well ahead of scedual on them.

#116 ·
caschu0 that is great news.
any questions please feel free to PM me.

todays update. = I worked all night again and,, ALL the second run of reciever wrenches are FINISHED!! WOW!!
I do however have to make the barrel wrenches but they will not be a bad job at all.

#117 ·
I shipped more out today!!! you should see them SOON!!!
I have a few reciever wrenches all ready and I have sepcial ordered material to make the additional barrel wrenches.
HB

#120 ·
Hotbarrel
I'ld love one of these if you have any left. What's the price and payment procedure (paypal maybe??).
You do such a great job in your machine shop, but the threads following your progress can be very time consuming with all the help and comments. Hoz about going to each of all the threads you have going at this time and putting a summary page in the very first. OR maybe a hotbarrel website???? That way us folks who are always short of time can get right to the purchasing point with you and read the development later. Just a thought.
You do very great work and your help on the forum is priceless.
Bill

#122 ·
WOWO guys talk about an old thread back from the grave HAHAHA
I am very sorry but I do not have any tools left. I can make some more but it would be a couple weeks out at best I have a bunch of stuff in the works allready.
if you want one and are NOT in a huge hurry post in and we can start a new list
NOUTHING confermed , just a list of potential intrest , how is that?

#125 ·
Figures this happened while I was building my house and AWOL. I'd be interested in this as well if you do another run.
On another builders board there's a poster I know who's asking about US compliant l1a1 flashhider and pistons and you're the first guy I thought of. Any chance you have some lying around or could do the parts for him? I'm going to copy and paste this link to his thread over there so he at least knows who to contact if he still needs the parts.
I'm Chris in St.Louis you may or may not remember me. It's been a couple of years. aka Guinny Ire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.