Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: hotbarrel's receiver wrench

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrel
    NOW as for the drive hole. I can make a 3/4" square hole BUT I had an idea I thought I would run by you guys. how about I drill a large hole place a large bolt through it and weld it in place. them you could have something like a 7/8" hex to put a 7/8" box wrench on... what do you think?? just a thought.
    do you think it would be strong enough?? I will do a test at work and get some results.
    I vote for the 3/4" square drive hole.
    Besides the leverage and strength advantages that a 3/4" breaker bar would have over a 7/8" wrench, a breaker bar kind of locks into the hole. This would eliminate the possibility of a wrench slipping off while trying to concentrate on torquing and timing the barrel.

I forgot to measure my barrel last night, I'll try to remember to do it tonight.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

What's the price?
    Future Statistic

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Not quite to that point yet Colonel, still in the planning stage at the moment.
    As soon as we settle on a design, HB is going to whip one up so that he can get a handle on time and material involved.
    I would think that he should have some sort of idea on pricing shortly, But keep in mind He has a real job too.

Feedback Score

What's the easiest way to get my receiver stub off of my barrel. Also, how do I get the gas tube off? I am new to FALs and am completely clueless in their assembly/ disassembly.
    Nos laetus epulor qui domito nos
    - "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us"

Feedback Score

john32369,
    try the fal files or

http://www.cruffler.com/trivia-April01.html

that should get you started. muttman

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by John32369
    What's the easiest way to get my receiver stub off of my barrel. Also, how do I get the gas tube off? I am new to FALs and am completely clueless in their assembly/ disassembly.
    When I get home tonight, I'll snap a couple of pics and put together a little tutorial.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by John32369
    See if this helps you with your stub removal

http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthre...431#post401431

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

hello everyone
    my long work streach os done. I now have a couple days off. I hope to get cought up on pistons and move thies forward too.
    believe it or not I did get a lot done by working at the mill an hour or so each day. that was all I could each day. But I hope to work all night in the shop tonight.
    here is my idea for now. I hope to get one of thies out to 7.62X39 and get confermation thet everything is just so before I send out more of them. this way if I need to make changes you do not need to send them back to me for refinement.
    how dose that sound?? if we get an OK from him then I will be able to ship the rest of them out.
    as for price I am thinking $50 for the set delivered. that is not set in stone yet maby better, I have to see how the tooling I bought holds up. mills can add up. I got a 6 flute 3/4" carbide ,,, check the price on that bad boy.... yikes
    I got a bunch of roughing bits too.
    thanks for hanging in their with me HB
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Sounds good to me.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

BIG UPDATE !!!!
    I have one allready to ship to 7.62X39 !!!!
    I have the rest allmost finished!!!!
    I want to send this first ont to 7.62X39 to be shure it dose not need some adjustments. I am prety positive everything will be good because it fits great on the stub and barrel I have here in hand. once we get the OK from him I will ship the rest of the tool sets out.
    I haver put a 3/4" square drive hole in BOTH tools so you can hold or turn whatever end you like. how is that ?
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.